Meadowcroft 15th Nov 100 ESP Reg

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To answer your questions yes I have in the past 40 years of my shooting ,shot many registered events in many disciplines and fully understand how it works and what needs to be done to make it successful . For 10 years I ran a club with over 200 members As I said before it's not the cost that bothers me it's the value for money and the value I get from £29 at a practice ground where it all runs very well with staff to make it an enjoyable day is in my view better than the £35 birds only shoots some(not all) grounds put on

it a matter of choice like most things in life if you don't like what's on offer go elsewhere which I will continue to do to get a fair bang for the cash I spend

I think we all have different ideas of easy shoots hard shoots etc

great / good / crap or silly targets 

Our skill level experience time served will have a massive effect 

on how the individual sees it or how hard a shoot shoots for that 

person also the individuals goals expectations !!

my belief is that people will vote with their feet as to what suits them 

in my opinion I don't belive in shooting soft shoots or binning cards to

gain a higher class you will come unstuck in the long run 

these are usually the people in too high a class for their ability that 

shoot a major then moan that the ground owner has put on a crap 

or silly hard shoot very rarely the case in my experience 

me personally I want to shoot variety fair but challenging targets 

that I have to work for to build a score and pitch my self against

the best out there 

this year I have travelled the country on selection shoots shot some 

fantastic targets at places like barrow Heath / high lodge / garlands

orston to name but a few also the classic at Steves and British English 

etc 

I've also met some fantastic friends along the way 

so in my honest opinion I can't recall many bad targets or shoots 

but will have learnt massively along the way which has been a huge 

year for me personally !! 

And have I felt ripped off or not got my money's worth not once 

It's all very well and nice that some are getting what they feel is exceptional "value" but please mention the ground where you think this is so, others that may know of these and may / can then also comment, not just a rather open bashing of the competition grounds that they are being compared against. 

The ground that was mentioned for £21 per 100 practice and reg shoots running all month every Tuesday and Thursday is Mickley hall in Cheshire , I shot the reg shoot there yesterday.

its nicely laid out 12 stands owned and operated by Scott Barnett , and there is one key word to start with , "owned " no rent to pay as ground ain't cheap nowadays and owners want a good return to let us run clay shoots on it. !!!

jonz , I'm not saying you are right or wrong but it certainly ain't a question of greed on out behalf , we have now set up 4 competition grounds which are self sufficient with new modern kit  with excellent clubhouse facilities so a really great place to visit which I know ain't for everyone but when I go out shooting I would rather pay a bit for the overall package 

clay prices have risen gently over the years , but please remember that out of the £35 entry fee £7.50 is VAT so I reckon £27.50 for 100 reg in good natural surroundings is a bargain in anyone's book 

Steve

I agree I look for the overall package I don't want to be driving down a lane that shakes the s**t out of my car nor do I want to pay£2 for a mug with a tea bag in it. All I want is a fair price without feeling I'm putting money in someone's pocket for nothing

My question for you is why do you feel the need to increase your price to £40   I respect you don't have to give us your full breakdown of profit or loss  nor would I give you full details of my business, but with other grounds charging a lot less and still giving the shooters good targets is it good value ? It's something we will all have different views on and I know we may not agree but that's life 

J

Nick 

it's a much shorter list if I give you the grounds that charge £40 or more!

J

The ground that was mentioned for £21 per 100 practice and reg shoots running all month every Tuesday and Thursday is Mickley hall in Cheshire , I shot the reg shoot there yesterday.

its nicely laid out 12 stands owned and operated by Scott Barnett , and there is one key word to start with , "owned " no rent to pay as ground ain't cheap nowadays and owners want a good return to let us run clay shoots on it. !!!

jonz , I'm not saying you are right or wrong but it certainly ain't a question of greed on out behalf , we have now set up 4 competition grounds which are self sufficient with new modern kit  with excellent clubhouse facilities so a really great place to visit which I know ain't for everyone but when I go out shooting I would rather pay a bit for the overall package 

clay prices have risen gently over the years , but please remember that out of the £35 entry fee £7.50 is VAT so I reckon £27.50 for 100 reg in good natural surroundings is a bargain in anyone's book 
tut tut ......£35 divided by 6 gives you the vat costs on the gross figure ?? £5.83  :angel:

I see Bisley Shooting Ground pay and clay has gone up to £0.39 / clay for non- members. So you button push yourself and get charged almost £40 / 100. No scorers, refs, prize money, food, no seeing a pair. Makes reg comps seem like a bargain. 

I see Bisley Shooting Ground pay and clay has gone up to £0.39 / clay for non- members. So you button push yourself and get charged almost £40 / 100. No scorers, refs, prize money, food, no seeing a pair. Makes reg comps seem like a bargain. 
Coleys is 35p per clay for practice and 40p per clay for lessons.... also makes reg comps like a bargain.

Latest posts

Back