Meadowcroft 15th Nov 100 ESP Reg

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do we need to start a Poll to see how many of the moaning barstewards shoot Game at £29 -£50 a bird and cartridges that cost £10 a box of 25, drive expensive 4x4's shoot Kreighoff's and Perazzi's and then moan about clays at 40p each?????

Please leave Steve Lovatt alone, he can be very sensitive (rarely).

If you want to moan, moan about the sh*tholes that serve salmonella sandwiches, awful tea, no ladies toilets, access roads that require a Cat D8 and still charge £30 a hundred.

Why not also ask the prolific moaners how much they actually shoot. I'll bet most don't even have a classification.

Should change the name of this site to MOANCLAY.

Steve Lovatt puts on some of the best shoots I have ever been too. Its a business and needs to make money.

Hi stew I don't want to fall out with anyone , I just want people to enjoy what we do and we will keep investing in the future of competition shooting , as you know I will stand and talk to anyone with valid points or concerns .

Please can you explain to me why certain shooters feel that clay shoot operators have to explain and justify their business costs and plans to the last degree ??? I don't know what you do Stewart but please can you tell me your salary and a brief description , I would also like to know the economics behind double glazed windows etc etc 

one thing I will say though is we have spent £20,000 this year on Westfield barn and ground , I've got 20 more traps on order at a total of £50,000 to improve your enjoyment with hassle free days of shooting ! It does make me smile that you worry about the extra £2 but then travel and spend £30 extra in Feul , mad world !!!

so to recap once and for all it seems the more someone tries to take clay shooting further forward and and lo and behold might make a profit along the way the more they get scrutinised and criticised by a vocal few !!!!!!
With double glazing I tender for the work against hundreds we do the work and then get paid. Sunday I paid £40 up front only to find out half way round it was a pill of technical off the end of my gun  -h-t. You bring this on your self you cant take any criticism yet you love praise if this thread goes on for long your hole your digging will get to Australia. So just to keep on why don't you deduct 120 birds only by £5.And on a final note when we are in deflation and all you have spent to date has come from the profits of lower charges why do you find the need to charge more. You make as much as you can and pay loads of tax good luck, just don't take the mick.

With double glazing I tender for the work against hundreds we do the work and then get paid.
To be fair - that's what Steve does, pitches himself against plenty of other shoots.  He charges what he likes, and if people come - he makes a profit. If they don't - he won't and he'll have to do proper work. 

If what he puts on is not to the satisfaction of his customers, they can go elsewhere - that's our choice.  That's the choice that you should exercise if you are not happy with his product. 

I'm sure if a customer questions your quality - you'll have a debate BUT if they question how much margin you make on materials, or how much you pay yourself or your staff, you'd probably tell them to do one. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I spend time on this site to get AWAY from constant talk about cost, margins, client satisfaction and product conformity. ??

So all these comments because one target on one stand was to hard for someone to hit !!!!!! Churchills had one last week 6 foot away , hardest clay I've seen for a long time .

so yes j you are correct , travel around more and see what modern day clay shooting is all about .

two words I use a lot are enjoyment and variety 

Steve Lovatt said:-

" two words I use a lot are enjoyment and variety "

Unless your name is Harris and then it is usually " Fly off" . I think that's what he said????

So to summarise.

If you want quality clayshooting you come to Hodnet, if you want good targets you go to any of Allison's shoots (Steve works for her).

But if you want Double Glazing you go to Safestyle. I said Safestyle ! Anything French is a poor substitute. :D :D :D

Jim, chill out, you may have touched a nerve, but is it really worth all the aggravation??

YES

So all these comments because one target on one stand was to hard for someone to hit !!!!!! Churchills had one last week 6 foot away , hardest clay I've seen for a long time .

so yes j you are correct , travel around more and see what modern day clay shooting is all about .

two words I use a lot are enjoyment a
Steve Lovatt said:-

" two words I use a lot are enjoyment and variety "

Unless your name is Harris and then it is usually " Fly off" . I think that's what he said????

So to summarise.

If you want quality clayshooting you come to Hodnet, if you want good targets you go to any of Allison's shoots (Steve works for her).

But if you want Double Glazing you go to Safestyle. I said Safestyle ! Anything French is a poor substitute. :D :D :D

Jim, chill out, you may have touched a nerve, but is it really worth all the aggravation??

Chaps is it possible to butt in as regards the £2 levey if you shoot 10+ shoots at the Clayshooting Companies grounds with getting your loyalty card stamped you get a half price shoot thus all the £2 are pretty much reimbursed :ahappy:

Chaps is it possible to butt in as regards the £2 levey if you shoot 10+ shoots at the Clayshooting Companies grounds with getting your loyalty card stamped you get a half price shoot thus all the £2 are pretty much reimbursed :ahappy:
Loyalty card??? what the **** is that, must have missed that one. :eek:

Levy? Is this an enjoyment and variability levy?

I watched someone miss all 5 of those.

If a target is too hard then it's too hard but I'll try and do something about it.

Personally I've never really shot well at Owls Lodge, but every time I've gone back my score has improved.

I shot badly at Four Counties on Sunday but I'll go back because I'm determined to improve.  I struggled with 4 different targets but I see it as a positive as it's something for me to practice on.  

I can shoot the close silly stuff ..some times haha but it really does not make it a enjoyable std ......been shooting comps for 40 years , and patterned every gun I have owned ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,at 15 feet even a felt wad's pattern will be in a tea cup , and when the said targets are struggling to stay in the air due to lack of speed , it's hard to shoot a shotgun like a rifle ?? old school see..... we did have silly low driven and bumble bees but they were flying , so you could move the gun !! new shooters have never seen targets that we learnt on so ... please dont ridicule us old uns for moaning about shooting what we think is un-sporting and a squity target .....when you have shot for loads of years you may also develop a dislike to certain targets ?? no right or wrong here just personal preferences ?? 

Clynt who exactly do you feel is ridiculing "the old uns" on this thread?  I'm relatively new, I simply stated I enjoyed it which I did and by the way you don't need to be shooting 40 yrs to take a dislike to targets - I hate driven.  There are only a few newish shooters on this thread so I am counting Bisondan and RDP in that and they were not ridiculing you either.  I would never be so rude.

ah the very close floppy fully belly showing "easy" target, I followed 8 shooters, 4 straighted it, 2 missed three out of the five and the two prior to me blanked them, thankfully I managed to find four of them, at one point it looked like it was soo close  anyone with long barrels and extended chokes could have used said chokes as a bayonet rather than use a cartridge!

I can shoot the close silly stuff ..some times haha but it really does not make it a enjoyable std ......been shooting comps for 40 years , and patterned every gun I have owned ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,at 15 feet even a felt wad's pattern will be in a tea cup , and when the said targets are struggling to stay in the air due to lack of speed , it's hard to shoot a shotgun like a rifle ?? old school see..... we did have silly low driven and bumble bees but they were flying , so you could move the gun !! new shooters have never seen targets that we learnt on so ... please dont ridicule us old uns for moaning about shooting what we think is un-sporting and a squity target .....when you have shot for loads of years you may also develop a dislike to certain targets ?? no right or wrong here just personal preferences ?? 
Quite the opposite, I've not been shooting long and I've got plenty of targets I don't like, most recently the 38 I missed on Sunday.

Having read all the crap about handing in cards and technical stands and how much payout is lets just go back to the price increase . How can you justify a hike in prices when inflation is zero if not negative .. Investing in improvements that the shooter is paying for while greedy ground owners keep the same profit margin doesn't seem fair to me. Other grounds manage to keep entry fees below £40 and still improve the grounds and the facilities 

I know where I shoot it's under £30 for 100 good quality targets on practice days so you can even forget to hand your card in as well

J

I assume the proof is in the pudding- if people don't like it, entries will go down and perhaps Steve will re consider.

I see it as simple supply and demand- good shoot good facilities people don't mind paying a few quid more.

ah the very close floppy fully belly showing "easy" target, I followed 8 shooters, 4 straighted it, 2 missed three out of the five and the two prior to me blanked them, thankfully I managed to find four of them, at one point it looked like it was soo close  anyone with long barrels and extended chokes could have used said chokes as a bayonet rather than use a cartridge!
I saw several AA shots drop a couple of those. I managed to straight it - some were chippy but I didnt change anything as was hitting them. Made me feel good. Variety is the key. People moaning will be those who missed it.

Never shot one of Steve's courses (yet) but amazes me people are getting their panties in a twist about £2. If you think thats too much dont shoot it - simples

Latest posts

Back