Meadowcroft 15th Nov 100 ESP Reg

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to bring this to a halt from my side I wish you all the best in the future at your chosen grounds , JIM !!!

I might give Meadowcroft a go on Dec 20th, 80 miles from me but that's only as far as Southdown.  Nothing else on personally that weekend so might as well.

Four Counties is on that day. Yes, lets go to Meadowcroft. 
default_ahappy.png
I don't think I'll do any worse apart from a bit more in diesel.  Got relatives in Wells so can see them after.

Here we go again ! Prize money moaners.

If the majority of entries are C&B class paying the majority of the money into the pot, then along come those AA & A Bandits, dash into the ground , shoot a round then dash off some where else picking up the majority of the paid in prize money, surely that cannot be right????

So should we really penalise the A&AA shots because they are less in numbers? Of course not surely !

This has been an issue for years, the top shots have spent a small fortune competing and practicing to become as good as they are ( Best in the World) is it not fair that when they achieve that skill set , they should then reap the benefits???

I really do not know the answer to this conundrum.  

Dependant upon the entries and the class split , could a formula not be worked out where the H/G is fairly rewarded and perhaps the class majority had a small percentage of their prize fund deducted to top up the classes with poorer turn outs???
right or wrong I tend to feel if you pay your comp entry in your class whether it be AA-A-B-C ......That is where it should stay? I also think grounds should put up the HG out of their takings ??? if you want big names at your venues ...lure them in with your monies not fund it by the class's contributions ?.....clay shooting is getting expensive so is it too much to expect a realistic return in prize money ? logic says busy grounds should and could pay better ? I often do little sums calculating entries in and then find the percentage paid out..... that figure of percentage the can be used to establish the amount from each entry paid back , some are well fare , some are not ........pays your money takes your chance haha 

All shoots I know now and attend pay the high gun money out of their own takings .

the shoot programme we all use now calculated exactly the prize fund for that day so no counting birds only and making mistakes unless you are not abiding by Cpsa rules and using a note pad to do entries on of course 

as a competitor I really don't care what the prize money is as it's all a possible bonus but as a shoot operator I prefer to be fair to all classes and do an equal split , for us personally our strong classes are nearly always A and B , so I see it as encouraging C class with a bit more and generally the lowest entry is AA and they normally pick up high gun aswell !!!

Thankfully though the majority of our customers come for an enjoyable day out without the issue of cash ruining their enjoyment !!

Last edited by a moderator:
just to clarify from this morning here are the actual figures from the last garlands shoot that concerned you clynt 

total 135 reg entries 

total 98 paid comp entries 98 x £5 = £490 total fund for classes 

AA entry 28

A entry 45

B entry 34

C entry 28 

1st every class £60 , 2nd every class £50 , 3rd every class £20 

so on this shoot we subsidised the prize fund by £30 extra plus the High gun money of £150 

just to clarify from this morning here are the actual figures from the last garlands shoot that concerned you clynt 

total 135 reg entries 

total 98 paid comp entries 98 x £5 = £490 total fund for classes 

AA entry 28

A entry 45

B entry 34

C entry 28 

1st every class £60 , 2nd every class £50 , 3rd every class £20 

so on this shoot we subsidised the prize fund by £30 extra plus the High gun money of £150 
So if its £40 for a hundred comp that's £35 birds only correct.

Jim you're hurting my head now haha

Weston wood and Westfield 100 reg is comp £40 BO £35 

westfield 120 is comp £45 BO £43 

Jim you're hurting my head now haha

Weston wood and Westfield 100 reg is comp £40 BO £35 

westfield 120 is comp £45 BO £43 
Steve, am I missing something in the previous threads here? What is the rational for 100 bird comp at the Wood & Westfield £40, but Garlands only pay £38?

Are your costs less for running that operation? I know it's only £2, but there must be an operational reason as I presume the clays, catering and scorers fees are the same for all 3 grounds?

Stew

Please can you explain to me why certain shooters feel that clay shoot operators have to explain and justify their business costs and plans to the last degree ??? I don't know what you do Stewart but please can you tell me your salary and a brief description , I would also like to know the economics behind double glazed windows etc etc 

one thing I will say though is we have spent £20,000 this year on Westfield barn and ground , I've got 20 more traps on order at a total of £50,000 to improve your enjoyment with hassle free days of shooting ! It does make me smile that you worry about the extra £2 but then travel and spend £30 extra in Feul , mad world !!!

so to recap once and for all it seems the more someone tries to take clay shooting further forward and and lo and behold might make a profit along the way the more they get scrutinised and criticised by a vocal few !!!!!!

To buck the trend slightly I think you're doing a great job, Steve. 

The app is a great feature and the loyalty card and scratch card are nice touches. 

Compare the Westfield clubhouse to many others and you can see the difference. It's an expensive sport so it's nice to at least attend a venue that doesn't have mouldy walls when you are sat eating a bit of breakfast.

I guess you get what you pay for.

You are exactly correct , I go out shooting slot and want nice surroundings when I do !!!! 

Thankyou for your support , 

Steve 

Please can you explain to me why certain shooters feel that clay shoot operators have to explain and justify their business costs and plans to the last degree ??? I don't know what you do Stewart but please can you tell me your salary and a brief description , I would also like to know the economics behind double glazed windows etc etc

one thing I will say though is we have spent £20,000 this year on Westfield barn and ground , I've got 20 more traps on order at a total of £50,000 to improve your enjoyment with hassle free days of shooting ! It does make me smile that you worry about the extra £2 but then travel and spend £30 extra in Feul , mad world !!!

so to recap once and for all it seems the more someone tries to take clay shooting further forward and and lo and behold might make a profit along the way the more they get scrutinised and criticised by a vocal few !!!!!!
Sorry the basic question offended you Steve. I thought it was a fair question, not trying to get involved with the previous volatile threads. But obviously it was the wrong question. As for visiting other shoots and paying more in fuel, that's my choice as is yours in the last democratic part of the world we live in.

I won't fall out with you over it, pointless.

Stew

Back