Lost my mojo

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be passing to visit Mother on the weekend at some point and check some land that i still have up there...that is Lancs. :wink:

What the whole of lancs ?

Ruddy ell.

I am yorkshire born RAF church fenton to be precise then younger days RAF lynam in wiltshire then was brought back to parents home county of lancs. Never been sure if that was a good thing as its grim oop north :)

As will said know what works for you. I like to have a month or two off if it isn't working, focus on other stuff and clear my head. Usually come back fighting at the end of it but won't work for everyone.

I would like to know what folk do over this none shooting period, call me a boring old git or even a shooting obsessive but I have no idea what I could possibly do on a sat and sun that did not include guns !!

I would like to know what folk do over this none shooting period, call me a boring old git or even a shooting obsessive but I have no idea what I could possibly do on a sat and sun that did not include guns !!
Go and play sporting for a bit...that is always good for a laugh.....and like Ed says....you need a rest form the same old same old....I am going for a sporting ping this Sunday....and will be trying to get at least half .....but you know what it is like in trap Ian , when you have a no bird and so you know where it is coming from (and you sometimes miss it because of that)..... Well...!!......it is like that the whole bloody way round the course in sporting.....AND....you get the pairs repeated 4 or 5 times on each stand.....it is really off putting and you feel such a tosser for missing them when you know where they are coming from :wink:

Edit ....but it can be good fun if you want to pull the trigger at something else :wink: try it....it does not matter about the score...it is just about having a laugh....but pray for no rain...because it is all outside Ian.....no roofs.....and take some wellies as they can have mud sometimes. :wink:

Last edited:
I am not allowed to talk about it but every saturday throughout the winter I stand in a field with my gun.

I love it just as much as 'target' shooting.

So its never a non-shooting time for me.

Rain, outside, no roof, wellies ............. aargh not liking the sound of that :)

I am not allowed to talk about it but every saturday throughout the winter I stand in a field with my gun.

I love it just as much as 'target' shooting.

So its never a non-shooting time for me.
Ssssssssssssssshhh now you have done it.......we post 'that' very special pleasure.....in another section...!!

Never shot at anything that was coming towards me or going sideways, I don't think my brain could cope with it :)

Never got on with game shooting since some plonker with a side by side nearly shot my foot off many years ago. Was out shooting with an acquaintance of mine on his land and we were talking to another shooter when all of a sudden a big bang and a hole in the ground literally 9" from my right foot. I have no idea how he did it but I was far from impressed to say the least, twas a good job I was wearing my brown corduroys though.

Never got on with game shooting since some plonker with a side by side nearly shot my foot off many years ago. Was out shooting with an acquaintance of mine on his land and we were talking to another shooter when all of a sudden a big bang and a hole in the ground literally 9" from my right foot. I have no idea how he did it but I was far from impressed to say the least, twas a good job I was wearing my brown corduroys though.
Fortunately not all game shooters are as think as the chap you're refering too.

I am sure they are not, but if I was to ever go game shooting again it would have to be a "proper" shoot with no ametuers.

There is a syndicate phessie shoot that shoots on land that goes to three sides of our land and they are a nightmare, have moved them a few times as one bloke was shooting over my house with shot landing on our land, one bloke I once caught lifting his springer over our fence to retrieve a shot phessie (not a chance pal that ones mine) one bloke I caught taking a short cut across one of our fields that had Thistle our Donkey in (no you ruddy well don't pal) you get the idea..

Have a lay in, go to the gym, catch up on emails, go out for lunch, go fishing... Lots of things to do without guns. I don't miss it at all when I have some down time

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a lay in, go to the gym, catch up on emails, go out for lunch, go fishing... Lots of things to do without guns. I don't miss it at all when I have some down time
And no mention of musical instruments! I am impressed. Couldn't work out the Boston Crème though - internet only refers to doughnuts???????

Back