Long range

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robonthemoor

Just shot my PB rabbit tonight with my 204, 585 yards had one at 388 & a magpie @ 345yards 4mph cross wind, we got on the land at 6pm my friend turned up & forgot his ammo, but he had some ace rabbits last night with me off sticks at 250 yard with his little hackley hornet. I'm trying for 600 yards when I set out last year I'm almost there, just a few more tweaks.

After much deliberation my .204 is going to a new owner in Essex this coming weekend - I've found I can't mix Rifle Shooting with Clays so it's going. It's an awesome round isn't it !! My bests - rabbit 355 - Hare 370 & Fox 295

I have a GRS SV stock for a Tikka T3 if you know anyone who'd be interested (it's never been out the house)

Sure is an ace round - I had 2 - a Kimber with a day scope & the Tikka with a Drone Pro for Foxing - Great shooting by the way ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes my error !!! - My Drone sat 2.6" above center - what am I like . !!

Never shot 1 that close - 30yds was my closest but with my day set up early 1 evening

Well V890 I have just looked at your scores (cpsa) & I think your doing ok, keep the 204. You could have a word with my friend John Winn, he go's to Beverly a lot I'm sure he will help you with DTL scores. Rob

I've only used my .204 a couple of times since I decided to focus on Clays - each time I could te the difference, my scores also reflected it. I've sold both my .204's & 1 Hmr - I have kept a Hmr with a day scope incase I need it at some point as I still have around 5000 acres

to shoot over. John Winn knows me well ;)

Why not give the sporting a try? Or don't you like all the trailing about" it is a bit like endurance sometime, set off 6am walk miles get back late, fun though. If you know any farmers with a long range rabbit problem let me know. This rifle just Clears rabbit & they don't recover, I just sit quite on my bench no ramming about, Im an ex farmer myself. Ronin

Thanks for the offer but I've put someone on my permissions with the option of me returning/assisting as required. I'm really enjoying DTL & don't have to get up at silly o'clock & visit as many grounds as possible around the country. I have shot a lot of sporting in the past & I thoroughly enjoyed it but for now I'm going to focus on my DTL & a bit of ABT thrown in.

I'm not after taking over rabbit shooting, got a few farmer that see one rabbit, well you know what I mean, if you here of some @ long range preferably in North Lincolnshire let me know, I have to let the land rest & get them to breed again, & it seems to take 2 years to get a few back. Long field are hard to find, I can clean up 300 rabbits in no time, & upto 250 yards only head shot are allowed. I don't bother a lot in winter to cold sitting with the binoculars. Robin,.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back