Lesson at EJ Churchill

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bisondan

Evening 

My Dad had been wanting to have a go at clay shooting for ages so last Christmas I purchased him an hours lesson with 50 clays at EJ Churchill, the idea being is that I could have a caddied round at the same time he had the lesson.  Also a good friend of mine, Graham Kettridge who is an instructor who I have shot with for years also knows Dad so would have been good for him to have the lesson with someone he knew.

Dad became very ill in the middle of May and he passed away just over 2 weeks a go, so I have the lesson with the clays still to be used.  I would love this to be used by someone who maybe knows someone who is keen and wants a go, or someone that wants to get their kid started, or someone that's just started themselves and needs some help.

I don't want anything for it, I just want it to go to someone who would genuinely enjoy it as much as my Dad would, and who knows it may get someone new into the sport seriously.

Dan

What a fantastic gesture considering the situation. 

I have a friend who was recently disabled from the waist down due to a motorbike crash. He seems keen to have a crack at shooting as a new sport. If the ground can cater for a wheel chairs and you deemed it appropriate, I'm sure he would appreciate the offer. 

So sorry to hear of your loss.  I do hope someone will be able to think of a deserving person, a lovely gesture Dan.

I have a friend who was recently disabled from the waist down due to a motorbike crash. He seems keen to have a crack at shooting as a new sport. If the ground can cater for a wheel chairs and you deemed it appropriate, I'm sure he would appreciate the offer. 
It's his if he would like it, I'm 99% sure that the ground is ok for wheelchairs.  

So sorry to hear of your loss.  I do hope someone will be able to think of a deserving person, a lovely gesture Dan.
Thanks Sian, shooting has been a good release for me through this as I've still been able to go.  Dad took a real interest in what I do so it was nice to be able to tell him where I had been and how I had shot when visiting him in hospital.

So sorry to hear of your sad loss . I commend you on your generous offer and a lovely gesture in memory of you dad .

I am so sorry to hear of your sad loss, but it is this sort of jesture that makes me proud to be a shooter.

Dan,

I'm just confirming with him if he is able take up the very kind offer; if he can, would I be able to make a donation to a suitable charity in your fathers name? 

churchills is good for wheelchairs if your freind needs any info about shooting from a chair ,let me know as i am a shooter who uses a wheelchair .The disabled shooters group is on fb and twitter ,and they are worth a look.

Dan,

I'm just confirming with him if he is able take up the very kind offer; if he can, would I be able to make a donation to a suitable charity in your fathers name? 
Consider it yours.  

If he wants it and you would like to make a donation, we are asking for donations to be made to the Wessex Ward at Basingstoke hospital for their additional equipment budget.  This ward took care of Dad for the last month of his life and as a family we couldn't have asked for better help and support than what they gave us.  

churchills is good for wheelchairs if your freind needs any info about shooting from a chair ,let me know as i am a shooter who uses a wheelchair .The disabled shooters group is on fb and twitter ,and they are worth a look.
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the confirmation, it sounds like we will be good to go in a couple weeks. He needs his own chair to arrive first as his current one can't easily be put in the car etc for his solo drive down. Should be here in a couple weeks.

Dan,

He is really excited about the prospect of getting out shooting; its something he has spoken about for a little while now, even after only a day or two of being in hospital we were talking about it as a replacement for the 5-a-side he played previously. This really is such a nice gesture.

A donation will be made, it sounds like a great team of people there doing good things.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the confirmation, it sounds like we will be good to go in a couple weeks. He needs his own chair to arrive first as his current one can't easily be put in the car etc for his solo drive down. Should be here in a couple weeks.

Dan,

He is really excited about the prospect of getting out shooting; its something he has spoken about for a little while now, even after only a day or two of being in hospital we were talking about it as a replacement for the 5-a-side he played previously. This really is such a nice gesture.

A donation will be made, it sounds like a great team of people there doing good things.
That's brilliant, I'm glad it's going to your friend and I'm sorry for the life-changing injury he has had.

PM me your address and I'll get it out to you. 

Just reporting back that we went down and Rob had his lesson and I joined him for some shooting as well.

Dan, he really enjoyed the day and wanted me to pass on his thanks. First big trip out of the house and it went perfectly. 

We had the lesson with Tony and he was a genuinely great guy and made sure everything was enjoyed.

Little video clip to show the results.

Latest posts

Back