JJs in Kent.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evolve82

Anyone know if JJs near blue water would be open tomorrow for a 50 bird sporting round?

Also does anyone have any experience of the lessons there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No they're not open tomorrow, wednesday is the next day they're open. I would more like a taster session.

Thanks for that. Wasn't sure what days they were open as only ever go on Sunday's.

What was that about the lessons? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I first learnt at JJ's and looking back it's more a taster than a lesson they have 2 stands set up that people "have a go on" It really depends what you want?  

I just want some help improving my shooting! Never had a lesson before bit been shooting about 18 months. I score about half on each stand and not sure where I am going wrong! Must be something!

Try West Kent Shooting School, nr Paddock Wood for lessons local to North Kent. Ground is open Monday to Friday for pay and play. You'd probably have to book in advance if you wanted to have an instructor. MM

Re West Kent, they have offer on over Jan and Feb with 30% off lessons.. As above, one of few grounds open on Monday.

OT question for Skeet UK.

Not shot at either Detling or Robin Hood -  any preference between the two?   I'm quite enjoying trap and tried skeet just a few times. 

Always welcome to meet up with me and Sibaldib. Not at JJ's very often, but Robin Hood in Chatham and Abbey at Detling.
I was going to offer the same but I seem to be shooting away from the normal localish shoots at the moment 

Not shot at either Detling or Robin Hood -  any preference between the two?   I'm quite enjoying trap and tried skeet just a few times. 
I think he'd give the same answer they are pretty sameish they alternate weeks so you could try both!

Not shot at either Detling or Robin Hood - any preference between the two? I'm quite enjoying trap and tried skeet just a few times.
Yeah, both have their merits. Both have some tricky targets at times. Have you tried JJ's?

It is open more days in the week, nice ground. The interesting thing with JJ's is, they usually put 6 pairs on a stand, rather than the more normal 4 or 5. The targets aren't all "hard", but 12 targets helps build consistency, if you take the opportunity.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you decide to go to JJ's, try and see if Nigel is available on that day.

I used to shoot game with him for years and he is a very good shot. He is also an excellent coach, who I'm sure could help you.

Anyone know if JJs near blue water would be open tomorrow for a 50 bird sporting round?Also does anyone have any experience of the lessons there?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Also, if you actually want to learn how to shoot, then Kings Ferry Gun Club, on the isle of Sheppey is a very good choice.it is a Skeet club mainly, but they have compact sporting as well...good facilities too.

Point being, they don't charge for lessons. You only pay for clays and carts, they will lend you a gun too. Open Wednesday and various Saturday or Sunday's. A very good way to learn the fundamentals. Speak to Alan, Dave or Norman (father of Mark Chesson, top 10 UK Skeet shooter) lovely guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want a lesson then a one to one with an instructor is the way to go. I can highly recommend Stuart Clarke, he was world sporting champion 5 times. Give him a call 07723 353508. He lives in essex and will meet you at any shooting ground you prefer.

Latest posts

Back