ips does lincoln

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not sure it is, I cant see anything to fault.

Have you had the stock off then  ?  If you do, keep some sticking plasters handy  !

Did you get it from Mr. Turpin then  ?
no I haven't I have a man for that.

no "maca" ?

ok...now that I have shot the Lincoln an honest review.....

......i absolutely love it. Still cant fault it, fits like a glove handles very well, shoots (for me) way better than the 687. Shot a driven partridge day today (report to follow on game section) and hit first partridge first barrell with 1/2 and it folded and landed at my feet (pretty much) what a confidence boost...imo this is one seriously good gun for naff all money. Three other guns asked to look at it and what it was, I said handle it, look at it then I will tell you. All three liked it and when I told them it was a 1k Lincoln they couldn't believe it. I say again this is one seriously good gun.

......i absolutely love it. Still cant fault it, fits like a glove handles very well, shoots (for me) way better than the 687. Shot a driven partridge day today (report to follow on game section) and hit first partridge first barrell with 1/2 and it folded and landed at my feet (pretty much) what a confidence boost...imo this is one seriously good gun for naff all money. Three other guns asked to look at it and what it was, I said handle it, look at it then I will tell you. All three liked it and when I told them it was a 1k Lincoln they couldn't believe it. I say again this is one seriously good gun.
All down to better fit..................................OR........................new gun syndrome  ?

So, auto's are terrible....................a bit like double triggers and multi chokes, I suppose  ?

Last edited by a moderator:
no its not new gun syndrome I have had that many times before . This is a very good gun very good fit. And I shot it very well.

Thing is, it should be good! £1k is quite a bit of cash for what is a pretty simple instrument. I think we get conditioned into blowing silly cash on big brands of mass produced guns, cartridges, glasses, ear protection that promise great results.

I understand the 'shiny thing make it all better' condition of some of the expensive stuff, but when you look at, for example 690 I it seems a lot of cash to me for quite little, I wonder what % of cost attributes to brand?

Glad you are pleased with new gun!

Thing is, it should be good! £1k is quite a bit of cash for what is a pretty simple instrument. I think we get conditioned into blowing silly cash on big brands of mass produced guns, cartridges, glasses, ear protection that promise great results.

I understand the 'shiny thing make it all better' condition of some of the expensive stuff, but when you look at, for example 690 I it seems a lot of cash to me for quite little, I wonder what % of cost attributes to brand?

Glad you are pleased with new gun!
exactly pp.

if I was being really really picky and felt compelled to find fault then....

the chequering is a bit sharp but that will smooth down with use. The safety is a bit loud in operation but again that may sort itself with use. That's it though that's all I have.

exactly pp.

if I was being really really picky and felt compelled to find fault then....

the chequering is a bit sharp but that will smooth down with use. The safety is a bit loud in operation but again that may sort itself with use. That's it though that's all I have.
My best friends son (14) is joining us in the gun line this year and yesterday he wanted to try sxs which left me with his Kofs, not my cup of tea but for 475 quid I couldn't fault it, with a B or M badge on it would be double the price!  Fair play to the lad he saved up paper round to buy it hilmself..

I have been guilty of being driven by price tags and bling. But I can honestly say the Lincoln is as good as anything I have ever had and that's about twenty shotguns over thirty odd years.

the only gun I have had and still have that I can say is actually better is the DT10eell but that is a rrp 12.5k gun.

Interesting comparisons. Does the badge make the product - huge minefield.

Which is better - Audi, VW, Seat or Skoda?

I suggest each to their own   I have a Franchi semi auto which in the most part is a Benelli at less that half the price. The barrel, rib and bolt parts are identical, it is just the position of the recoil spring and minor detailing that are different.  Having shot with a friend who has an M2 they both handle teh same and shoot the same.

Is my Miroku less than a Browning?

I like the fact that the Lincoln or Franchi if ever damages you would perhaps be annoyed at yourself but it is not like damaging a very expensive product.  Mind you my Tag is worn for everything and is never really off my wrist and it has survived all sorts of rough treatrment.

I have shot a Lincoln and also found it a good handling gun that presented very well. 

I have been guilty of being driven by price tags and bling. But I can honestly say the Lincoln is as good as anything I have ever had and that's about twenty shotguns over thirty odd years.

the only gun I have had and still have that I can say is actually better is the DT10eell but that is a rrp 12.5k gun.
I have only one word to say about this ............MIROKU 

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back