Ian Coleys 3rd Aug 100 ESP Reg

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard59

Went today, not been out much so bit rusty, shot the 2pm rotation in squad with a Pete, Will Hale, Joe Hale Zea and dear old Tiptop. Coleys is atop an escarpment often gets windy, today was windy, would have been quite a shoot in still conditions, think we all had a wobbler or four,  no more no less than anyone else though so nothing lost out to there. Didn't fare too well on the dreaded incomers, missed 8/8 across two stands, let 4 of 8 Simo rabbits get away to breed otherwise hit most just not often enough, if one could just finish a stand off I'd be, well I'd be better than I am if you follow.

Ones chum Nick Chipper Portlock (smiling again) and Carl Bloxham 93 tied for high gun, not many 90+ there today.  After shooting a few of us watched part of a re run of Peter Wilsons gold medal performance at London 2012 with a certain Ian Coley who knew every shot / kill / loss as if he'd pulled the trigger himself, that's quite a memory 

Might go to EJC, now got an itch that needs scratching 

It was great to see all the usual suspects out today.

When you first looked at the course there was nothing that looked too tricky, all very inviting. The scores certainly suggest it was more technical than it looked! I managed to limp away with 63.

My lesson with Carl Bloxham has paid off. We spent some time on rabbits and I think I only used 5 cartridges on that stand. Most of the pairs were dispatched with single shells.

Back