Coleys 5th Oct 100ESP Reg

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard59

Last Reg of the year at Coleys, nice sunny day, though some big blustery breezes all day made a few targets "interesting" , mine was a 2pm start in a merry gang in shooting order Stewie Keen, Zea, little old me, Joe Hale, Willy Hale and Peter Houghton, so yes I was mixing it with the "big guns" today :) 

didnt have the best of starts and when I dropped 7 /10 on a fairy straightforward low Simo driven pair my cheery outlook took a near trip back to South Wales, my merry gang though deserved better and one simply sulked for just a second longer probably than I should.

Despite not finding one very big r-l crosser that looked like it was heading into orbit, my card took on the look of the hit hit miss hit standard that I've become, did manage to straight a stand, and at near finish did begin to look like I could shoot a bit, if only one didn't start so slowly (timiditus). Though it was an interesting somewhat challenging course and fir one I'll miss this monthly opportunity for a mid week Reg shoot.

Stewie 87 = 1st in A, Z 63, Joe 88, dropped 6 on last 3 stands that would have given him high gun, he did shoot very well, Willy 60odd and Pete 81

Dorian Evans 92 took high gun and the overall series win against the top AA A B and C shooter. In a tense shoot off Dorian just pipped Paul Ricketts, Paul was the C class qualifier and he shot quite brilliantly.

Really enjoyed this series, despite the horrendous weather we've been unfortunate to experience more often than not! Had great fun today; found some of the targets pretty challenging but all good experience, and as always had a good laugh with a top squad. Will definitely miss this monthly comp. All the team at Coley's have done a great job. Can't wait to go back next year, with hopefully a little more experience under my belt and some better, more consistent weather! ?

Good course today, with some testing birds out there. A couple of the l-r from the tower are probably still out there now. Kudos to Stew for straighting that stand, doubt there were many other 8/8s there.
Going to miss this one, been some good shoots there this year. Well done to Shaun and crew, here's to next year's series. 

Oh and a very well done to Hard Focus for taking the final shoot off to the wire. Top stuff Paul!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back