Ian Coley Shooting School 1st Registered Shoot Wednesday 3rd July 2013

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The course that is on,will be the exact course that was shot reg on Sunday. I know your score won't be recorded,but still,treat it as a comp and compare yourself against the scores in the shoot hut. I'll be out there Thursday around 1ish.Got a session with Ed at 2....be good to say hi.

I made my first visit ever to this ground today. A very nice place to visit; great shop, good restaurant, beautifully presented grounds.

I went out on the 11am squad with TimA from here and some other folks. I enjoyed the course; despite my shooting being pretty off at the moment with still adjusting to prescription glasses (and the magnified image I have of everything. I have sussed the close stuff but can't make myself put the lead on the very long..).

The course started with a lot of woodland stands; effectively shooting into cleared areas in the woods. Some nice stuff high over the trees followed, then the last section was more open and / or trap areas.

I would call it a firm shoot overall. Only two or three `hard` stands, but few that you call easy either. If I have a criticism I would say that there are too many edge on quartering or away targets. Over 50% fit that description.

I ended up on a sad 74 (8 below my running average) which I would 50% put down to my vision and 50% because I just found it tricky to clean stands up.

Would I go back? Yes. Wish it was a bit nearer to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I shot this afternoon saw Richard and Tanya Faulds in car park he said he shot 92 thought it was tricky

We went out from stands 1 to 12 in order and after shooting stand 10 I was 4 away went on stand 11 total loss of focus missed 3 and did exactly the same on stand 12 which really peeed me off so ended on 90

A good technical course I thought so held onto aa first !!!!

I managed an early finish from work so pitched up, went out on the last squad with three others.

Started well had only dropped a couple or three after the first three stands (very good for me) then had a mid round wobble recovered only to crash on stand 11 dropping 6 but finished well, put 74 on my card by the end!

The shady tree area was most welcome today too!

I made my first visit ever to this ground today. A very nice place to visit; great shop, good restaurant, beautifully presented grounds.
I went out on the 11am squad with TimA from here and some other folks. I enjoyed the course; despite my shooting being pretty off at the moment with still adjusting to prescription glasses (and the magnified image I have of everything. I have sussed the close stuff but can't make myself put the lead on the very long..).
The course started with a lot of woodland stands; effectively shooting into cleared areas in the woods. Some nice stuff high over the trees followed, then the last section was more open and / or trap areas.
I would call it a firm shoot overall. Only two or three `hard` stands, but few that you call easy either. If I have a criticism I would say that there are too many edge on quartering or away targets. Over 50% fit that description.
I ended up on a sad 74 (8 below my running average) which I would 50% put down to my vision and 50% because I just found it tricky to clean stands up.
Would I go back? Yes. Wish it was a bit nearer to me.
Good to have met you today Will!

Felt I shot ok on the first part of the course (in the wooded area) but started to show my inexperience as we came out of there into the more open/trap layout areas, though I certainly had my fair share of kick myself moments missing stuff I really should have nailed which didn't help my card!

However really enjoyed it today thought it was a really good layout

Back