Ian Cawthorne

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bisondan

Morning

I've just found out that Ian Cawthorne who runs South West Shooting School has died in an accident.

Ian was a genuinely lovely man, our group have a long shooting break down there once a year for 15 years and he always looked after us really well.

Thoughts go out to his family and friends. 

That's bad news. Shot down there for years right back to the Dede's days when I used to stay up all night drinking with him while Jackie went to bed. Very sad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh that's a great loss! 

Thoughts are going out to family and friends!

Does this mean that there is potentially another ground up for sale in the future?

Did a course that he assessed on some months ago, absolute gent, joined us for dinner, happy to impart his wealth of knowledge & experience. Come the day of the assessments, he put everyone at ease...most passing through his station receiving a nod & a smile with a quiet 'keep it up, you'll be fine'

An undoubted loss to his family, friends and the world of shooting.

I knew Ian for many years, a true gent! great coach and an all round real nice guy. sadly missed.

Sadly I only found out today that Ian had passed. The day of his funeral.

I was always made welcome by Ian when I turned up at his shoots. A true gentleman, that was as honest and genuine if you know what I mean.

I hope the shoot continues in his good name and my thoughts are with his friends and family.

Very sad news indeed.

Stew

Back