Hull new 24g loads

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjinks89

Has anyone tried the new Comp X or Superfast in 24g yet? 

If so any thoughts?

Will definitely try the super fast if I see any for sale near me.  providing they are priced right of course

Tried the Superfast 24g plastic(7.5)on Saturday. Felt very nice smooth recoil and broke the targets well. Local price was £264 similar price as my usual Fiocchi Fblu’s which I shot back to back. Fblu’s gave better target breaks probably due to their tighter pattern and harder larger shot (7) but a tad firmer recoil. I believe the CompX 24g are only available in fibre?

Hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

thanks for replies.

I only use fibres mostly anyway so not an issue there. I like the existing Hull products so no doubt will give these a go. I’ve not been impressed with Fiocchi budget loads, more thumpy imo. They work but prefer Hull usually.

Tried a few of the 24g super fast fibres yesterday, they still have a good amount of thump but you could clearly feel the difference between them and the 27g. Both broke the targets very well through 1/2 choke of my semi and the 67mm cart seemed to cycle without issue for the handful that I did try - would want to put more through to be certain however.

Got the rest of the box to try in my mk38, hopefully the 24g comp-x will be available at my local ground then to compare.

Just to add tried the super fast 24 in my MK38, I think they feel smoother than my usual Eley select 24s despite the increase in velocity! Definitely one to try if you prefer lighter loads than 28g. Shaping up to be a good cart 

Bought 500 of these Superfast 24grm to try and I have to say I’m very impressed with them. Much smoother than I remember the 27 grms to be and the kills were very good through 3/8 ths choke even at 50+ yards, the barrels were clean afterwards too. Would definitely recommend them 👍

Finally got my hands on the 24g Comp-X today, cracking cartridge!

Very smooth, good breaks on the sporting layout i shot, medium difficulty targets, through my old Winchester 101, 1/4 & 1/2 fitted.

Probably not for the competition types but more than enough for casual club shot like myself.

134B0F1C-15C4-4142-AD09-516E0D044416.jpeg

Latest posts

Back