How many guns do you have?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 now . Used to be 3 

Zoli Kronos Trap gun

CZ  452 Style  .22lr rifle 

Used to have a .303 lee enfield that i regret selling. May get one again in the future

5 at present! 😬

DT10 that I have owned 6 months 

AL391 Ulrika that I bought this month! 😎

Then I have 3 that we’re left to me..

1981 Browning 802 es (Belgian)

AYA side by side 

bolt actio .410

12 gauge Over/under as go to clay gun.

12 guage pump action with synthetic stock for bad weather, pigeons (and a few clays) and putting a smile on my face.

16 guage SxS for game days.

I feel I have most angles covered. 

Four.

Three rifles, in .17hmr, .223, and.308.

One shotgun which I took delivery of last friday. Damn it's pretty..... Salvinelli exclusive.

EnJYkbg.jpg

3 but am wanting to get rid of the side-by-side and may just get my FLO to take it for destruction as it was bought as a project gun and needs too much investment for me to bother. Then I need my 20bore to sell, I love it to bits but need to stick with one gun and I shoot my 12bore best.

So my aim is to just get down to one.

TAB

Matt

I have a collection of about 12+ guitars (at a guess without working it out), so I can understand why people have multiple guns, but they all do different things... standard acoustic, 12 string acoustic, nylon acoustic, 6 string fixed bridge, 6 string floating trem, 7 string, 6 string baritone, etc, etc. but If they're all shotguns and not, say, an air rifle, a 20 bore, etc. I'm not sure that I'd ever have more than my first (current) B525 which I'd probably keep for sentimental reasons, and another 12 bore as and when I hopefully get better and understand more what I specifically want from a gun as I'm more than likely to trade one for an upgrade.

Am I missing summat; what's the thought process behind having many guns which fundamentally all do the same thing slightly differently (unless you're minted and just enjoy collecting expensive weapons, so fair enough)? No judgement meant, just wanting to understand as they'll all shoot the same way, roughly... by comparison, I can use 4 or more different guitars in a single gig, more if I take into account having a spare incase I can't be @rsed to change a string! 😄

(to answer the OP... two; my B525 and a Wiehrauch HW-95K air rifle)

It’s nothing to do with being minted  , it’s all to do with how wide a person’s intetests are in the field of shooting .  Sporting , Skeet , Trap ,  there is an argument for 3 seperate guns just there . Then someone could also shoot wildfowl , and want a gun capable of taking a big magnum steel load . Then he might “walk up” game and want a gun lighter than his Sporter, to shoot little , but to  carry six hours a day .  Then perhaps an auto , easier to load in a hide , for say pigeon or duck .  You could then add perhaps formal driven shooting , where someone uses a pair of “ high pleasant “ guns , or a pair of “ grouse guns “  , so an all round shooter  might prefer to have a cabinet full of guns . All of the guns mentioned above would be configured to be optimal  for the task . As you  mentionguitars and  “ minted”  , it’s a fact that you’ve just  dipped your toe into the shallow end of a hobby .  Just  have a google and see how much “Guitar God Eric “ spends on guns and shooting 😂.. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a collection of about 12+ guitars (at a guess without working it out), so I can understand why people have multiple guns, but they all do different things... standard acoustic, 12 string acoustic, nylon acoustic, 6 string fixed bridge, 6 string floating trem, 7 string, 6 string baritone, etc, etc. but If they're all shotguns and not, say, an air rifle, a 20 bore, etc. I'm not sure that I'd ever have more than my first (current) B525 which I'd probably keep for sentimental reasons, and another 12 bore as and when I hopefully get better and understand more what I specifically want from a gun as I'm more than likely to trade one for an upgrade.

Am I missing summat; what's the thought process behind having many guns which fundamentally all do the same thing slightly differently (unless you're minted and just enjoy collecting expensive weapons, so fair enough)? No judgement meant, just wanting to understand as they'll all shoot the same way, roughly... by comparison, I can use 4 or more different guitars in a single gig, more if I take into account having a spare incase I can't be @rsed to change a string! 😄

(to answer the OP... two; my B525 and a Wiehrauch HW-95K air rifle)
All the Guitars from most peoples point of view do very much the same thing,i think you answered your own question really,Game guns lower in the comb,skeet guns shorter and less choke,trap guns naturally shoot higher and tighter choked,autos less recoil and specific shoots,higher capacity for pest control,pumps just because and also some think safer than autos,etc......

Very much the same scenario as your guitars.

Perhaps it's that a few posts said things along the lines of 'i need to get rid of this' or 'I've got too many' so it seems they were being bought without differentials in mind so it threw me a bit, who knows.

Matt,

Why would anyone send a perfectly usable SxS for destruction by a FLO when it could start someone shooting for free?

I only shoot sporting so went from 2 down to 1 now.  My old browning was sitting in the cabinet never being used so what's the point in keeping it?  My new 725 sporter does everything I need so no plan to get anything else.

One of the guys I go shooting with has 8 though!  Not really sure why.

Back