How easy is it to take shotgun to Germany ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't tell about Germany specifically but you will deffo need a European Firearms Permit (EFP) from your local Police Firearms department. They are free and last as long as your current license.

Try searching European Firearms Permit in the search function at the top of the page.

DT

Easy.

EFP and off you go.

Teepee and I drove to Konopiste through five or six countries inc Germany unchecked.

I'm going there with some customers later in the year think it is just efp and you are good.

EFPand if flying a carrier that will carry guns try German wings. Oh and a good hard case

Last edited by a moderator:
The war's over Major......not legal anymore.....

Faulty Towers...sorry, couldn't resist...

All you need is, EFP, Approved Case For Flights, 3 locks I think & carrier that will carry it.

If I was off to Germany with my gun.... I'd be going by Channel Tunnel - take your EFP - get it checked on the way through the tunnel - alles gut. 

We did four guns, and 2000 shells last year, and the overall check took 3 mins-ish.

Genießen Sie

Can't take ammo with you though as far as I understand. 

I stand to be corrected! :)
If you fly you can take 5kgs out.

Best way if you want the whole kitchen sink it to drive. Use the tunnel and you can take anything. Use the Ferry and you will get your shells taken off you ....i stopped using the ferries years ago because of this

If you are taking a second set af Barrels, make sure that they are also on the EFP. I know this has been said on here before ,but here in Germany Barrels are listed as a gun and each set has to be on the EFP.

What part of Germany are you going to? 

Sounds easy enough. Jon and I are gonna drive to that indoor clay place in Germany just for the weekend away ( and some German Beers).

Wez

Sounds easy enough. Jon and I are gonna drive to that indoor clay place in Germany just for the weekend away ( and some German Beers).

Wez
MZSU between stuttgart and munich? I really fancy going there you have you use their supplied carts IIRC when i looked at German wings flew to an airport about an hour away from the UK and will carry guns 

https://www.germanwings.com/en/Flight-Info/Route-network.htm

Transport of sports weapons per item (incl. ammunition)

50 € / £45 / 66 CHF / $70 / 1.400 CZK / 500 SEK / 410 NOK / 230 PLN / 16.500 HUF

Latest posts

Back