How do you store yours?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All in on piece some up some down to get them to fit in without touching.

Wipe over metal with an oily rag and no..Absolutely no fingerprints on the metal.

Never in a case. Rust magnet. I  read somewhere in a manufacturers handbook not to store in the case as the lining material can react with the metal if left sat for a long period. 

Barrels up, oil and usually some fouling in the barrels.  The fouling, stops the oil running down, into the stock and splitting it...

I have a 16 bore S/S made in 1897 that's been in my family since 1918. It's always been stored barrels up, or at least for the last 97 years.

I'm obviously keeping a close eye on it and I'll let you know if the stock gets soaked by oil and splits dramatically!  :fool:

After shooting the gun is broken down the hammer springs released and it is wiped down with an oily rag. It is then put into the hard case taken home and put behind the sofa until the next time its used.

Barrels up, shouldn't ever be enough oil in the barrels to run down into the action!!! :eek:
All 3 of mine are stored one piece barrels up.

As James said, there should never be enough oil in the barrels to run down. 

And yes, mine are cleaned after every use ?

Oh, and I stick one of those little crystal bags in the cabinet to attract moisture.

1. I love my gun and

2. gotta keep this thread going :hyper: . don't get out much :toclue:

1. Does crystal meth attract that much moisture? And

2. That'll be why you don't get out much ??

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Does crystal meth attract that much moisture? And

2. That'll be why you don't get out much ??
​To be perfectly honest I don't really know if crystal meth do work in such a small space, might be a sales gimmick, but the guy in the gun shop where I bought my last gun is a member of my little fly fishing syndicate, and as the subs to join are dirt cheep, he would be risking embarrassment on the bank when we both fished together, or a swimming lesson :clapping: . 

Latest posts

Back