How bloody cold was that!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dog Tyred

Shot the ABT at Rugby yesterday and I have never been soooo cold while shooting.

The wind, although not strong was absolutley bloody freezing and coming into the covered layout from the side. The light was brilliant for the first squads but soon deteriorated making even seeing the targets a bloody nightmare ( I even fitted my clear lenses it was so bad), The last rounds of the day were so gloomy it was guess and shoot. Even scoring was difficult as the targets dissappeared into the gloom.

Unfortunately reflected in my scores (78) although it didn't seem to bother some as at least 25 straights were posted during the day and the winner posted a 95 (5 clear of second place)!! Harry posted his PB for ABT with a 75.

Got to give serious considerartion to ignoring the call of pulling the trigger in such poor conditions as averages are going to take a battering.

Roll on the summer!

How'd the rest of you get on??

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked out the weather for Southern Counties, I did fancy shooting the 100 OT over there, but when I checked out the forecast I thought.....nah!!! Looks as though only Ed Ling did any good with a 91, the other scores were not very good at all. Poor old Garry Foster (Garry2749) had a real bad shoot, but he was bloody brave to shoot in those conditiions!

Too cold for me yesterday, had so many jumpers/jackets on I didn't borther shooting trap, had a round of sporting instead with my auto.  

Too cold for me yesterday, had so many jumpers/jackets on I didn't borther shooting trap, had a round of sporting instead with my auto.  
I must admit that I don't mind it cold, but I hate wind and rain, bad light is also a bloody nightmare, especially as you get older, maybe because your eyes take longer to focus/adjust, Ed Lyons will know about that side of it!

Beverley was good, it was fresh but not especialy cold, good light until the last line. Targets were excellent so no excuse for my cack 3rd line.

Beverley was good, it was fresh but not especialy cold, good light until the last line. Targets were excellent so no excuse for my cack 3rd line.
That third line was not THAT bad Ian!!!!! Your score was still very respectable at the end of the day mate!!!

cheers Les, nice of you to say but I really was disappointed with that line as there really was no excuse as the targets were excellent and the light was good.

cheers Les, nice of you to say but I really was disappointed with that line as there really was no excuse as the targets were excellent and the light was good.
But Ian me old mate, we both know that a bad line can come up from nowhere, for no apparent reason, it just happens! As you know, even Ian Peel and Ed Ling can do it, so why should the likes of us be any different? We have seen Ed and Ian hit 14's and 15's, so it's nice to know that those guys in the super league can get into the same brown stuff as the rest of us!!! :laugh:

Shot some NSSA skeet at Northampton SG and yes, you're right, it was very cold.

Back