Longridge 4th August

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard59

First up is to pick the correct time of day, wet in morning dry in afternoon was forecast and that's how it panned out, I rocked up at around 2, it had clearly been wet and almost straight away cleared up, although that may well have been the gods parting the clouds to watch Nick Portlock (2013 Glos Champ) and Chris Durrant (2013 Warks Champ) shoot the course. Early scores showed nothing frightening, no big 90+ on the board, and class scores in C looked, er they looked C average!

11 stands I shot them 2-1, 3-8 then 10-11 going back to 8, 8 having a driven and I've lost too many of those so left till last, other than 10 all on report.

St1 going away slightly r/l then a r/l crosser that dropped, didn't have a clue on the report and shouldn't of but dropped the first bird.

St2 l/r quartering and a higher r/l crosser that if you left too long (which i did twice) was in the trees much better here.

St3 watched Chipper and Clynt here, a r/l bit of power that fell into to foliage then a higher slower r/l that held itself up just over the same tree, missed one of each, daft really but I did

St4 l/r crosser just above the ridge sight line, r/l crosser closer and quicker, dropped one of each, felt better about myself now having put 3 scores of 8 ex 10 on card.

St5 oh dear, chondelle and a looper, back to earth

St6 flattish r/l then a high(ish) l/r underled the report bird twice, then nailed the pair only to then switch off and miss the last pair!

St7 close slow r/l that appeared to stall in front of you them a l/r in the air, I'm daft enough to forget to put any lead on, dropped three here

St8 quartering but at two different angles and speeds first l/r then a r/l bright orange having watched a squad shoot I changed what I thought I should do position wise, dropped 5!

St9 driven which banked over to the right, them a overhead going away, missed two driven , just didn't pull the trigger till too late (sudden trait which is becoming annoying)

St10 l/r pair off a bit of a tower appeared to be going away also let another 5 go here, perversely hit 3 second barrell on the far more difficult shot,

St11 teal then a l/r in the air, missed first 4, wrong set up for the teal, reset them those were clean kills, as for the report I just didn't put enough lead on the three I let go.

Placings are in the results section, but will add here Chris Durrant won high gun, Clynt took the bounty off Chipper, more smiling faces than frowns, even this very lowly C shot knows that he really should have done better, even the birds that I left totally unscathed in the stand was more to my lack of skills than the target being unrealistically set.

If I've described any target incorrectly please do tell, that's propably another reason why I'm going wrong.

Latest posts

Back