Hotukcartridges

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fiocchi F Blues 24 gram £263.
" " 28 gram £263.
Am I the only one that thinks somethings amiss here?. 24 grm same price as 28grm. What happened to all the price increases the other year that were put down to the price of lead ,amongst other things.
Perhaps the cart manufacturers know that the cpsa 24grm rule is imminent and have decided to up the 24grm price so they don't loose out.
Or is it just more greedflation.

Last edited:
Oh, mind I think it’s an attempt to stave off a potential lead shot ban?. As with all (and if it happens) as long as it’s an enforced ruling and within a reasonable time frame? 4g less shot, another excuse for I that
Yep that the bs we've been spun. There's no way in the world that the HSE (now in charge of lead ban , even though its not their remit) will do any deal with the cpsa or any other clay shooting body to keep lead in play.
Cloud cuckoo.
As previously stated we must be incredibly carefull about going down the 24grm route , in case what we actually end up with is 24grm of steel.

Yep that the bs we've been spun. There's no way in the world that the HSE (now in charge of lead ban , even though its not their remit) will do any deal with the cpsa or any other clay shooting body to keep lead in play.
Cloud cuckoo.
As previously stated we must be incredibly carefull about going down the 24grm route , in case what we actually end up with is 24grm of steel.
Unaware if there is a reasonable price felt wad steel cartridge for us clay bashers on market given all the “fibre only” grounds?

I really can't see HSE putting a maximum load specification on steel . However if a lead ban does come in, I think it will be a blanket ban with no dispensation for certain clay grounds.

It won't be hse that puts the load restriction on steel . It will be the cpsa. They are pushing for 24grms of lead. Which in a couple of years will become unacceptable by the woken and the powers that be. So they will end up revoking any deals they may or may not enter into . And we'll be left holding the baby. With 24grms of steel.

Most of clay grounds that I know of are privately owned, surely it's up to the ground owners to say what you can shoot, not the CPSA.

Cloud cuckoo.

24gm of steel shot 2.5mm is i think you will find the same or more pellets than a 28gm lead 2.3mm due to the density of steel being a lot less then lead.

Most of clay grounds that I know of are privately owned, surely it's up to the ground owners to say what you can shoot, not the CPSA.
The hse will decide what we can shoot. The cpsa is just trying to get in bed with them.
Read up on the facts.

Apologies to the OP for derailing this thread; but I’ll just finish the Fblu 24g 7.5 (2.4mm) thing..

I patterned one just now and they really spread (kind of as you expect from a fairly cheap shell). In 24g I think it’s a good thing for sporting actually. There isn’t even a dense centre, so very good for clays showing face, out to a good distance I would think. The only reservation I would have is shooting anything distant and edge on, as there will be significant gaps in the pattern “way out there”.

IMG_6966.jpeg

Last edited:
for 1/4 choke looks a decent pattern to me would like to see it at 20yards.

It won't be hse that puts the load restriction on steel . It will be the cpsa. They are pushing for 24grms of lead. Which in a couple of years will become unacceptable by the woken and the powers that be. So they will end up revoking any deals they may or may not enter into . And we'll be left holding the baby. With 24grms of steel.
So, if ALL clay shooters are using 24 gram of steel, what's the problem ?
Seems like a level playing field to me.

Mind you, it appears that I have been handicapping myself for years by using 27 grams of lead instead of the full 28 grams permitted and, well, 24 grams we won't even go there ! I recall several years ago when 21 grams were becoming more popular, a guy in the local gun shop told me that these new fangled 21 gram cartridges would not reach skeet targets from station 4 on skeet. Worrying thing was he was SERIOUS ! 🙄

Mind you, it appears that I have been handicapping myself for years by using 27 grams of lead instead of the full 28 grams permitted and, well, 24 grams we won't even go there ! I recall several years ago when 21 grams were becoming more popular, a guy in the local gun shop told me that these new fangled 21 gram cartridges would not reach skeet targets from station 4 on skeet. Worrying thing was he was SERIOUS ! 🙄
Well guy in shop had no idea of the facts. Range is not affected by load size effectively. A 21g (or 24g) are usually just the best bit out of a 28g pattern. It’s a bit like using more choke (in terms of pattern size) in many cases.

Last edited:

More lead. More dead. Its simple a numbers game.

Well guy in shop had no idea of the facts. Range is not affected by load size effectively. A 21g (or 24g) are usually just the best bit out of a 28g pattern. It’s a bit like using more choke (in terms of pattern size) in many cases.
Yes, BUT how many customers would believe him ? 🤔

Latest posts

Back