Hi from New Member in Surrey

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichW1234

Hi all - I've been clay shooting for approx. 10 years and still can't get enough of it! I work for the CPSA as the National Development Manager and as such get to travel round the Country visiting CPSA Member Clubs/Grounds and try to encourage them to do more to get new blood involved with our Sport. I do tend to take my gun with me wherever I go, purely for research purposes you understand!

I've been running the inter-club Clubman Classic League for C Class & Unregistered Shooters this year with a combined Kent & Sussex League and a Hampshire League which has been great fun. Really great to meet people and shoot at new grounds and hopefully next year will be even bigger & better.

I also launched a series of CPSA sponsored Young Shots Days during the Autumn Half Term at 22 grounds around England & Wales for newcomers to experience shooting and get a thorough grounding in safety/handling/technique etc and we had over 330 kids take part. We will be running them again during the Easter Holidays in 2013 and hope to get more grounds involved.

That's about it really other than to say I love my Clay Shooting and I'm very lucky to combine my work with my passion. I do have a very understanding wife also which helps!!

Richard

Thanks Jon. Looking forward to Saturday at Spitfire Shoot. See you then.

Richard

Hi all - I've been clay shooting for approx. 10 years and still can't get enough of it! I work for the CPSA as the National Development Manager and as such get to travel round the Country visiting CPSA Member Clubs/Grounds and try to encourage them to do more to get new blood involved with our Sport. I do tend to take my gun with me wherever I go, purely for research purposes you understand!

I've been running the inter-club Clubman Classic League for C Class & Unregistered Shooters this year with a combined Kent & Sussex League and a Hampshire League which has been great fun. Really great to meet people and shoot at new grounds and hopefully next year will be even bigger & better.

I also launched a series of CPSA sponsored Young Shots Days during the Autumn Half Term at 22 grounds around England & Wales for newcomers to experience shooting and get a thorough grounding in safety/handling/technique etc and we had over 330 kids take part. We will be running them again during the Easter Holidays in 2013 and hope to get more grounds involved.

That's about it really other than to say I love my Clay Shooting and I'm very lucky to combine my work with my passion. I do have a very understanding wife also which helps!!

Richard
Hi Richard and welcome to the forum sounds like your a busy man hopefully not to busy to join in with the discussions ;)

Hi Nicola

I'm delighted to confirm that I will be staying on as an official member of HQ staff which I'm really pleased about.

Thanks

Richard

Welcome, Richard. I saw the flyer for these a bit too late for anyone to take part. I would love to hear about them for next time. 

Hi - we are planning to run the Young Shots Days again over the Easter Holidays and will firm up on dates and participating grounds in the New Year.

Rich - lets have a chat at some point, I'd like to see how I can help promote and push the young shots concept.

Hi Richard,

I would also like to have a chat re the young shots as well, our ground is set up predominantly for Novice / Intermediate and would like to encourage more youngsters to the sport (My daughter is already asking if she can come along...)

Simon

Latest posts

Back