HI From Derby

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stolly27

Hi I am martin  27 I have been shooting now for about 3 years. I am self taught and shoot regularly at my local grounds. I really want to start and get in to competition shooting but I don't know if I am good enough? I also don't have any confidence in shooting with other people at my grounds because I feel that I am not at the same level they are and also don't want to feel a wally if I am doing something not rite.I think i need someone to take me under there wing hahha as i don't know where to start to get myself to a good level or where to go from here really? I would appreciate any feed back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum Martin!  I'm no expert myself, but I'm sure one of the more experienced members will be along soon with some useful info! :D

Hi I am martin  27 I have been shooting now for about 3 years. I am self taught and shoot regularly at my local grounds. I really want to start and get in to competition shooting but I don't know if I am good enough? I also don't have any confidence in shooting with other people at my grounds because I feel that I am not at the same level they are and also don't want to feel a wally if I am doing something not rite.I think i need someone to take me under there wing hahha as i don't know where to start to get myself to a good level or where to go from here really? I would appreciate any feed back.
Welcome Martin.

My advice would be this - don't concern yourself with how you perceive other shooters see you.  Most do not care in the slightest what level you are just so long as you are safe.  Most shooters are more than happy to help out with tips and advice and you can pick up an awful lot by watching a much better shooter in your squad.  If you can afford it, you can always have a few lessons to step up another level in what is a long learning process.  

With regard to competition shooting just go for it.   Someone comes first and someone comes last and a lot come in the middle - often registered shoots are more testing and the learning curve can be steep but it depends on your attitude.  You must by now have gotten to know some local shooters at your local grounds so next time you go just ask to tag along with them.  Don't go for the jokers though who like too much fluffy rabbits, try find a squad who take their shooting seriously as well as being sociable.  

Good luck.

Hi sian

thanks for your feedback on that. I don't really have anyone I shoot with really just my father but where I shoot it is a very click key ground and people tend to stay in there groups. I am going to see if I can enter there league to get me started and some confidence.

I would add if they are that clickey, spread your wings and go elsewhere to see what is on offer :)

Back