Hello from Abingdon

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fiesta14

Hi

My friends have taken me to the Crazy Bear clay shoot and have got me hooked on it.  Have had a couple of lessons at the Oxford Gun Company and my wife has bought me another for Xmas.   Who knows, I could be scoring double figures this time in 6 months and finally get to leave the Clay Pigeon Preservation Society!

Hopefully will join a local club to me in Abingdon, have seen a couple on the CPSA website so will make contact when I get a gun.  Which brings me onto sourcing a gun. I have been looking at all of the usual private sale sites but not a lot is coming up.  If you have a Browning 525, 30" sporter or a similar Miroku MK38 you want to sell or know of someone who has please get in touch.  

Look forward to bumping into you all

Matt

Hiya Matt, welcome aboard!  Plenty of very knowledgeable people around to give you good advice on a gun - I'm not one of them, cuz nothing beats mine!!  :D

Hi Matt - glad to hear you have been hooked on to this Clay Shooting lark . . . . . . . good isn't it ?

Wish you well in finding a first gun and, believe me, you won't have to spend a lot of money, and very wise not to because I guarantee that once you start and your scores begin to improve YOU WILL automatically start to think about a new gun.

Welcome to the forum mate

Hi Matt, Welcome to the Forum and the Sport.  My wife and I have only been shooting since October and are well and truly hooked! We regularly shoot Crazy Bear and Hornet and most Saturdays can be found at Oxford Gun Co. Doug there normally has quite a few good choices in their used stock but you are looking at the right type of gun, key thing is gun fit which other, more knowledgeable, forum members will be able to give you advice on.

If you plan to go to Oxford any time soon let me know and we could meet up for a coffee. We will be there this Saturday as the targets are due to be changed during this week.  :D

Hi

My friends have taken me to the Crazy Bear clay shoot and have got me hooked on it.  Have had a couple of lessons at the Oxford Gun Company and my wife has bought me another for Xmas.   Who knows, I could be scoring double figures this time in 6 months and finally get to leave the Clay Pigeon Preservation Society!

Hopefully will join a local club to me in Abingdon, have seen a couple on the CPSA website so will make contact when I get a gun.  Which brings me onto sourcing a gun. I have been looking at all of the usual private sale sites but not a lot is coming up.  If you have a Browning 525, 30" sporter or a similar Miroku MK38 you want to sell or know of someone who has please get in touch.  

Matt
Hi Matt, welcome to the forum.

You are looking for the right gun.  I have a 525 30" and love it.  Browning or Miroku - you won't go wrong (so long as it fits you of course - before the Beretta guys jump down my throat :D  )

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Dave B, thanks for the coffee invite.  I work strange shifts, so weekends mean I normally have to do the family bit, but next time I go I will give you a shout for a meet up. It was Doug who gave me the advice to go for the Browning as it would apparently suit my body shape (tall with a long neck!) Shot with one during my lessons and it seemed to fit fine and as he knows a lot more than me and seems a genuine guy I have taken his advice on board.

If nothing comes up in the private ads over the next couple of weeks I may venture to the Stoneleigh Shooting and Countryman Show to see if I can get a bargain.  

Thanks once again.

Matt

Hi

Matt
Hi matt, finally someone from Abingdon shooting clays. I have grown up in Abingdon since the age of 4. Come over to the cotswolds sometime and shoot some quality targets. It is not as easy as it looks is it? Before you buy anything, try all makes. Do not waste your money on something that does not suit you. keep in touch. Stew (aka Sleepy Hollow)

Latest posts

Back