Health and safety gone mad!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well dear, I am struggling to be sure....I am still trying to work out what 'you' mean by maturity.....and then translate the rest of it......and in the middle of a rather good Poirot.....but don't worry I will keep at it.

(But no need to shout dear or make big writing ....I am using my spectacles ).

Now......did I mention how Trapisstaaaaas can walk and chew gun with a gun placed elegantly over the shoulder...?
Did everyone miss the typo??  Chewing GUN...hence the tough comment.  *sigh*

They have to chew gum, its the only thing happening thats remotely exciting on a trap layoutThey Know where they have to stand Every timeThey know where the birds are coming from every timeThe know the Height speed angle etc every timeThey know how to carry their guns because they get so much practice standing in lineThey know how really basic and boring the discipline is so they adopt affectations such as carrying a gun over the shoulderThey think they know, this makes them look coolThey know a lot we hedgemonkeys dont thats for sure,I am a NEWBIE to shooting so can only comment on what I see or think and being a pure hedgemonkey my opinion is of course not really validWhat would I know about Trap shooting ???
Have you got Trap shooting mixed up with skeet or sporting, It's sporting that you know where they come from at what height etc etc. Exactly same targets every pair per stand. I love sporting and there is no denying the variety of targets over multiple stands, but you always know exactly what you are going to get before you shoot, No.
Trap shooters do not! and this gives a different type of tension and challenge.

Having shot Skeet almost exclusively over the past seven years, I have always carried my gun over my shoulder, and actually can't think of many skeet shooters who do not at some time or another. Just accepted practice and not intentioned to offend . . . . . . . Simples !!!

However, having now very recently commenced life as a hedge monkey and enthusiastic FITASC Sporting shooter, I must say I have retained that habit but, to be honest, until this thread started I had never even considered that it may be upsetting to anybody. Not saying that I am an inconsiderate person . . . . . far from it in fact . . . . . . just would never have believed that anybody had an issue with it.

I can imagine there may be an odd slightest of incidents or two, but I bet its bloody rare. In all my time shooting I have never smacked anybody in the gob with my gun butt (well not anybody I didn't intend to anyway), and I have never seen it happen to anybody else. And if I see somebody else with their gun over their shoulder, you know what I do? . . . . . . . . keep a step back. Try it !

You see I always try to be aware of the space around me, 'cos I am nearly 62 years of age now and I am a grown up . . . . . . . . . . jeez  :prankster:

:laugh: quite obviously 'nothing' :laugh:

By the way did I mention that I always carry my gun over my shoulder..? Did I? Did I ?

:smile:
 Do you? Do you? well you should have said so ! a trappista with a lethal weapon thats even worse, wait till health and safety hear about this !"!!!

Do you? Do you? well you should have said so ! a trappista with a lethal weapon thats even worse, wait till health and safety hear about this !"!!!
:laugh: yes lethal is my speciality ....!!

They have to chew gum, its the only thing happening thats remotely exciting on a trap layout

They Know where they have to stand Every time

They know where the birds are coming from every time

The know the Height speed angle etc every time

They know how to carry their guns because they get so much practice standing in line

They know how really basic and boring the discipline is so they adopt affectations such as carrying a gun over the shoulder

They think they know, this makes them look cool

They know a lot we hedgemonkeys dont thats for sure,

I am a NEWBIE to shooting so can only comment on what I see or think and being a pure hedgemonkey my opinion is of course not really valid

What would I know about Trap shooting ???
Classic

He was joking .....dur.

It is nothing like trap.....you got to get out more..... :laugh:
??? Dur ???

What's wrong with liking the post and the way it was written.

Wind your neck in Nicola, your starting to annoy people like me that are new to the sport with constant condescending and smart arse remarks.. I've no doubt you are an well educated, well traveled and very experienced shooter, but some times i think give us a break

??? Dur ???

Wind your neck in Nicola, your starting to annoy people like me that are new to the sport with constant condescending and smart arse remarks.. I've no doubt you are an well educated, well traveled and very experienced shooter, but some times i think give us a break

Over and out
you must be a mind reader jimbob . !

??? Dur ???

Over and out
You said 'spot on'......well it was not..... :laugh: you obviously ave not shot trap either. :laugh:

But if you would prefer to insult people in ignorance then be my guest... :smile:

I have no doubt that you have no doubt that you are saying something important but afraid it has missed the point.

Have you by any chance come from 'football' before shooting?

This post has been done to death and its sinking into the mire of mindless bitching between disciplines

I suggest that it now be closed as everyone has had chance to have a sensible say on the topic.

What ?? wheres health and safety when you need them !!!

Sinking into the mire ? how did we allow that to happen ?

Was no risk assessment undertaken ?

As  for guns over the shoulder tthe only thing that should carried over the shoulder is the woman you have just picked from the hunt and are now taking home to let her know who is the boiss !!

What ?? wheres health and safety when you need them !!!

Sinking into the mire ? how did we allow that to happen ?

Was no risk assessment undertaken ?

As  for guns over the shoulder tthe only thing that should carried over the shoulder is the woman you have just picked from the hunt and are now taking home to let her know who is the boiss !!
No way!!  My wife would not like me walking in with another woman on my shoulder one ickle biddy bit................. and don't even go down the "show her who's boss" route.............. I'm healing nicely though................ :hi:

pHIL

Just for once in your life be a man ,put your foot down with a firm hand ! and INSIST on hot water when you are doing the washing up!!

It's turned me into a nervous wreck when taking my gun out of the slip. :frantics:   :lol:   :lol:  keep thinking it's gonna explode.

Back