Health and safety gone mad!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Such eloquence!

But then - what can you expect from that side of the Pennines?       :haha:

Well...

post-17-0-86967800-1362264412.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 0
Caused a bit of alarm with my target lens check,the only room 10m long was the reception,apparently no-one in Kingston had ever seen a 10m target pistol before and presumed it was a hold up......luckily it was only me that was robbed...£480 for bifocals,reading glasses, and target,if I don't score better than 550 ex 600 next week there will be trouble!,

I wouldn't go as far as to call it a pet hate, but I don't like dicks slinging guns over their shoulders either. 99% have no concept at all of what's going on behind them. Nobody's twatted me in the face with one yet (luckily for them) but it's only a matter of time.

I think most of them think they look cool. They don't.

There is no way that clumsy sh*te is easier than carrying it over your arm. I don't bother with gunslips at a shoot. I do every shoot with the gun broken over my arm.

I class it in the same crap-pile as the turkeys who empty their spent cartridges by flailing their gun upside down and trying to aim them in the bin. They look like a demented majorette.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do it......I am not a dick and......

post-17-0-63019400-1362266116.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 0
Time and a place.

If I'm walking stand to stand,I'll carry the gun over my shoulder for ease....a gunslip is just another thing to carry around. But,if its busy on the stand,the gun will come off my shoulder and rest on my foot. It's all about common sense.

I do it......I am not a dick and......
See there is no right or wrong, I agree with Chard and although I do occasionally put the gun on my shoulder it isn't always the best practice but I totally accept others who do and are careful not to twattt others in the side of the face. There's room enough for different ways. Your caption captures my feelings precisely about the slip use thing, I try and avoid them but when I do you just have to accept my way is slightly different to some others.

I was not talking to you. I never talk to you. I am not talking to you now......I am just thinking :laugh:

....... :smile:

........ :laugh:

........and back to elf and safety....

Nothing wrong with carrying guns over your shoulder people so don't be told that there is by any of Tom Hanks UK relatives. (They should try going to an event abroad......On second thoughts ......no...... if they are from the prissy uck er brigade.....education of how the world does it....would not get through... :smile: )

Nothing ....nothing......nothing wrong at all with a gun over your shoulder. At least you can see what is in it.........or not in it........ Much safer than trying to work out what is in those pesky autos when the toss pot using it does not use a flag.

You know the type....'I have used autos for years, I know when my auto is empty.......what do you mean you do not like me pointing it at you.....etc etc etc'

:laugh:

Elf and safety........!!!

It takes all sorts in shooting.......pick your mates carefully.....!!

I didn't say you were........................... :fie:   :yahoo:  just saying. Heat in the kitchen and all that.

ps. read your own caption again because it is just soooooooo apt right now.

ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

Terminal boredom.

(Find your own caption - although i believe copying is the sincerest form of flattery....thanks)

Last edited:
Seriously if your close enough to me to get hit by my butt stock then you need to take a look at yourself. Not once have I ever witnessed nor heard of anyone getting slapped around the face by a gun carried over the shoulder.

Far more annoying are people who do not immediately break their gun when removing it from a rack or slip. And yes auto shooters with no breech flag.

Seriously if your close enough to me to get hit by my butt stock then you need to take a look at yourself. Not once have I ever witnessed nor heard of anyone getting slapped around the face by a gun carried over the shoulder.

Far more annoying are people who do not immediately break their gun when removing it from a rack or slip. And yes auto shooters with no breech flag.

Must be nice for you if you always shoot in the middle of a wide open space. At the grounds I shoot at, it's common to have near misses on narrow paths, berms, banks, bridges etc where you can't give people a wide berth. These goons still stand there half blocking the path, turning round flailing the stock around, thereby taking up the rest of the path. Incidents are only avoided by other people being extra vigilant as the over the shoulder brigade are almost without exception, completely unaware.

Whilst I am not saying that I shouldn't take some care to avoid hazards, I do think these tits should make an effort to be slightly considerate as well.

You forgot...and sportiiiiiiiiissssstaaaaaaas :laugh:

@Chard.....like the thought of you being extra vigilant in these cramped spaces..... :smile:

Over the shoulder it is then.....for life.......!

That's not annoying, it's potentially dangerous, you're saying you often witness people take a gun off a rack or out of a slip and not break it immediately? What and they just walk around with it for a minute or two, have you reported this to the shoot organiser or at the very least have a gentle word with them?

I have seen hundreds of shooters use automatics without flags in absolute safety, but also seen the odd flag bearer fumble around clearly not in tune with his routine yet - I know which one I'd share a round with.

Oh dear we are back to a play on peoples words again....!

He never said they walk around with it like that. 

We have all seen plenty who fumble around with O/U as well.

There are several people out in the big wide world, who should not have a shotgun at all and we have all seen them from time to time.

P1Fanatic I know and understand exactly what you meant in your post.......and i agree with you. 

Some on here like to spin what is said into crap and more crap until finally it does not resemble anything worth discussing any more. They just think that they are being amusing. 

Don't worry most threads end up this way.

As it happens, I have just had a call from someone who is researching forums at the minute. I filled him in with the type of characters that you get on them and some of their predictable behaviour and also what their types of day jobs are :smile: seen during my relatively few years on several of them.   :laugh:

Ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssh folks

Don't wake em up.................let's have a peaceful few hours for once....

Sssssssh.................dont slam any doors......!! 

Back