Greetings from Royston

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BTC3

Hi there,

new to the forum, and new to clay shooting, so please bear with me while I get all my etiquette and terminology hopelessly wrong!

I'm still waiting to buy my first gun, not to mention for the certificate to land on my doormat, hopefully only a matter of a week or two now - FEO visit went ahead without any issues.

Thereafter, I'm looking at some of the grounds near me (Cambridge Gun Club made a strong impression), and for a coach to make sure I'm doing it more or less right (looking to Nuthampstead Shooting Ground and the team there).  Until I know what I'm doing, I guess my contribution here will be to ask dumb questions and read through the years of collected wisdom that seem to have accumulated here.  After that, I hope I will be able to repay all the patience and advice you will all be showing me  :biggrin:

All the best -

BTC3 (Richard)

Welcome. Good plan to search the site for subjects already well covered, such as first guns etc.

Cheers

Hello, Richard.  Nice to meet you. Come summer we'll have to do another ShootClay meet up and shoot the Cambridge Gun Club flush again - great fun!

Richard, also try Sporting Targets at Riseley its just the other side if St Neots so very reachable from you. Ed Solomons and a few of the other top coaches use STL as a base.

Thanks for the welcome!

@Clever - the subject of first guns... Plenty of advice on that about the place, that's for sure!  Now if only there were an online way to try them out, or enough hours in the day to get to test them all in person.

@ - that sounds like a fun way to spend a day - I might even have a gun by then too!

Hi and Welcome.

Not far from Royston myself. never been to Nuthampstead, but I believe its more for trappy's. ( I'm a hedge Monkey)

Use Sporting Targets quite a bit. Had a really worthwhile afternoon with Ed Solomons there last year.

Latest posts

Back