Gebben Miles UK Coaching Tour

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully I'll get down to Oakedge to learn from Gebben and I'm sure the positive comments on here will far outweigh any negatives.

I think there can be a lack of generosity of spirit in certain elements of the English psyche which is sad. I spent the weekend shooting alongside some of the Scottish skeet team, the piss taking was fairly gentle, good natured and often at their own expense, they even included me in the fist touch when they went clear on a round and the support and advice I got was amazing.

Ok so most of this is directed at me and my comments ,but sorry I have looked ar Gebben Miles interviews on YouTube and he cannot talk without a reference to god or religion .I have no problem with any person finding piece with religion but don't force it on me .

He says that it's "gods wish for him to shoot well and win ."Well if that's the case he doesn't need to give lessons he just needs to have a word with The Lord and master and put things right for that person. Job sorted .

Ask your self a question if there really is a god why do so many children go through such hurt and pain at the hands of child abusers and Evil people .

No one would place people like these on the earth whatever the case !

Really......shut up....just shut up NOW.....

Or I will be breaking all my own rules about not saying horrible things about people.....

I've been reading this over the last 24 hours and wanting to post something but really not known what to say....

I really can't add much to the eminently sensible comments from people like Richard and Tinker etc, but this whole thing has just left me feeling a little bit sad.

Why on earth can't we, as grown ups treat one another with a bit of human decency...at times it seems we live in a world where we all want to be treated with respect but without respecting others.

I've never met Gebben, but from all I've heard and read he seems to be a decent bloke who's not only at the top of his sport but also has some humility, a rare quality these days.

If he does read this I sincerely hope he's not put off, and that he doesn't judge us all by the comments of a few. I put my name down for one of the sessions shortly after they were announced and for the price I think it's remarkable value for money and I'm certainly looking forward to the day.

Personally, I would find any religious references distracting if they were put forward during a lesson, but I doubt that is the case. And in any event, it's a side issue as to his coaching ability. The only reason I am not going for this is because I want to do well at the SC cup and I have found that even good instruction will leave the head rattled for a while after receiving it. New tips and methods take a while to soak in and come good (in my case at least).

I made some similar comments over on another site and probably came close to upsetting one or two. I do agree with deershooter to some extent. I should preface that by saying that as I have never met Gebben, my opinion of him can only be formed by what I see, read and hear online and in magazines. The first thing is obviously that he is a phenomenally good shoot, second that he seems a ruddy nice chap, but third that his religious beliefs are not just a part of his life, they're central to it and to his shooting career. This is clear and unapologetic from his interviews, website and twitter feed etc. It is a little overbearing for my taste. That said, if Gebben were reading this, I wouldn't like to think he'd see it as a personal slight against him, just a difference in culture between an increasingly agnostic/atheist UK and a largely evangelical US.

In summary:

1) Heck of a shot

2) Splendid chap

3) Wouldn't particularly want to hear about Jesus too much if I were paying for a lesson.

That's not to say he would try and push his beliefs, but his interviews would suggest otherwise. I bow to the views of those that know him though. :)

It seems the ones we have to listen to "their" religious (or lack thereof) beliefs are those with the preconceived opinions! 

I've never met him, but.........

I've never talked to him, but.......

I've never taken the lesson and never would because he MIGHT............

And who said the folks on the little island are closed minded? :rabbi:

fair comments...however I have known him for many years and as yet he has never tried dragging me into the nearest church..... though nor has he looked at me in disgust if I have sworn or blasphemed in his prescence.... many of us require something central in our life, some choose religion, others their career or family or just the old fashioned pursuit of cold hard cash.... each to their own.  He is happy to explain how religion changed his life, but that doesnt mean he thinks its for everyone......

and on a more positive note Im glad to be able to say that due to demand we will indeed be moving the 21st August date to Oak Edge .....

Well, what can I say?? :eek:

Hopefully, I have hidden those posts quickly enough and Gebben hasn't seen them.

What utterly mindless, hateful crap - some people feel the need to share.

I am very happy for people to get on their soap box; but this isn't the place.

Gebben and his God, are both OK in my book. :)

If you don't like it, piss off.

I didn't get to see all the comments so not sure what all the fuss is about ( but I can imagine) Internet forums r all the same people are very quick to insult IMO from jealously, not so long ago a certain gentleman was been slated cause some don't like that he speaks proper, even tho that certain gentleman is a great voice for shooting and knows what he is talking about, I for one can is thru the fog and I don't give small minded people the time of day, none of the top shooters get the recognition they deserve maybe that can change with the next generation of shooters like gebben, any other sport 1to1 coaching with one of the best would be an arm&both legs, great value

Deershooter,

I don't think anyone is sucking up to Gebben at all, they are trying to show respect and courtesy. Two words that seem to have escaped your vocabulary.

Gebben found God.

You found Gob

Dyslexia rules KO. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I suggest anyone that feels threatened by his religious beliefs goes to U Tube and watch him perform his duet with his shooting team mate - so funny - young men having fun.

"Team USA Love is an Open Door"

I tried to link it but I am technically challenged.

For my two pennies - if he has managed to achieve his standard of shooting in part through his belief system then BRAVO.  No different to Richard perhaps telling us he used a certain exercise five times a day for twenty years to achieve his level of shooting or me persisting in whispering Mark Marshall's name just before I take a shot to achieve my goals.   :)

Good morning campers.......glad to see the silly comments removed......but can I point out to ones who did not see all the comments....that Jaykaysea is not telling Bryn to 'Shut Up' :laugh:

(Ninja mode.......I hate Louise Ellman's whiney voice on BBC News....I will choke myself if she ever gets a power job....!! Just saying...!!)

Last edited:
Haha kind of figured what had happened

Anyone who's ever been interviewed by the media knows that interviews are always butchered to create a sensation, or give them a particular slant. Always remember that if you ever have to speak to them because what is reported will only bear a very slight resemblance to what you actually said or footage will be chopped around to give a total distortion of what actually happened.

My piggy bank is about to sacrificed and accommodation booked, look forward to meeting not just Gebben but some of you lot as well.

As an aside I have been known to keep the Mormons on a doorstep for a while debating things until they made their excuses and left but this is not the thread and I'm not sure the forum either.

I keep lots of people 'held' in conversation and love the point at which the 'have to get away light bulb' comes on.....then the skill is keeping them there until 'you' say they can go...... Great fun that.....!!

Back