FSB / Nick Penn - Shooting both eyes open.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We can all laugh or take the mickey , but Nick Penn is laughing all the way to the Bank , it really is amazing how many people think that his teachings are wonderful . As he says , if you are not happy he will give you your money back.

But how many will ask ?

Nick Penn’s top five tips

1. Look at the bird, not the gun
2. Keep both eyes open
3. Ensure your stance and gun mount are correct
4. Right-shouldered shots should aim at the right edge of the target
5. For right-shouldered shots, the left arm should be doing 85% of the work

I never watched it to be fair but his first three "top tips" are bang on the cash, I don't think anybody could argue with them.

Nick Penn’s top five tips

1. Look at the bird, not the gun
2. Keep both eyes open
3. Ensure your stance and gun mount are correct
4. Right-shouldered shots should aim at the right edge of the target
5. For right-shouldered shots, the left arm should be doing 85% of the work

I never watched it to be fair but his first three "top tips" are bang on the cash, I don't think anybody could argue with them.
No argument 1-3, but hardly "his" tips. They're probably printed on the back of the CPSA joining letter.

At least when I next miss, I can just tell the scorer that it was my fault as I was only using 82% of my left arm 

I think Nick Penn has been using to great a percentage of arm movement on self abuse and probably damaged his eyesight.

Just watched it. I'm an Archer  who shoots an olympic style Bow.  Basically similar to shot gun shooting in that there's  there's no back sight, only a reference points where the string and hand toutch the face in a similar way that the cheek on the stock provides a reference on a shotgun for eye alignment.  If I close my dominant eye (right) the arrow goes 2 feet left at 18m. 

Could it be that  he's saying that people with the correctly identified sye dominance  are being miss diagnosed with eye dominance issues because they miss and are being told to shut an eye to correct when they don't need to.  Otherwise it doesn't make sense.  

Slight thread drift. Watched the bit with Pete Wilson. 

I suspect that DT is being dropped as it's hardly a popular discapline. The numbers that take part were probably stood in the field with him. 

Maybe mixed fitasc could have been an option?

Last edited by a moderator:
Another glaring error in the August edition of Clay Shooter (thank God it's a freebie ) with writers like Reece Dunne ,  page 31, the last section 'What's in store for next month?' Please spot the mistake.

Latest posts

Back