Flush Trap..Oh my GOD...how addictive?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skeet UK

Went for a 70 bird today...not too bad, 52 but had two silly stands where I only managed a 3 and a 4...gutted to hell.

Came second in my class anyway, only 3 targets from winning, so it's all good.

Anyway...it's my mates shoot and he said, why don't I have a go on the pool shoot, with the flush trap.

Best score is 15 ex 20...prize money is £100..£5 to enter.

Okey dokey...

post-812-0-86905900-1347214251.jpg

It's a Promatic Hunstman.

So this is a flush trap...3 traps, automated, fires random singles and pairs.

I was above the trap and it was 10 yards from me.

So much fun, I was bustin targets left right and centre, literally...dropped a lucky one that got away to about 80 yards (no joke)...trouble is, you don't always get time to reload, or you will get a single..then a pause, then a pair..so you cant hit them all.

I finished up on 11 on my first go and out of about 30 entries, I was in 5th place!!

This must be what OT is like...it was so much fun, totally wicked!

There wasn't time for another go, but I asked the trapper how the guy managed a 15. Apparently, he hit about 10 on the first go, doing the same as me, then on his second go, he was "bang on", reloading after every shot single or double.

I had pairs of carts lined up in front of me, so that I didn't have to fumble for them or turn them.

So next time, I will be loading after every shot. Does anyone know the fastest way to reload an OU? Should I kinda flick the barrels down, while grabbing carts or what?

I toyed with the idea of an Auto, 2 carts at a time only, but then I can slam one in the bottom much faster...

Sorry, rambling...really was fun, try it if you can! Though they are normally only used at distance to simulate flushes of game, as the name suggests.

Attachments

• huntsman-trap-jpeg.jpg
    huntsman-trap-jpeg.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
shoot top barrel first (faster to load the single) let the barrel drop ejecting the empties whilst reaching for the full ones with the left hand :D have a couple in between the fingers on the left hand too like holding a fag.

Flushes are great fun but more haste less speed, the more you rush the more you fumble

shoot top barrel first (faster to load the single) let the barrel drop ejecting the empties whilst reaching for the full ones with the left hand :D have a couple in between the fingers on the left hand too like holding a fag.

Flushes are great fun but more haste less speed, the more you rush the more you fumble
Great advice, yes...top barrel first. Assuming I can get the gun loaded in time...all I have to do is hit them then! That money is MINE!

Harley...,mate...once you have got better with mounting the gun (from off the shoulder) you should have ago..well..have a go anyway if you come down...but it is fast shooting...wicked though!

Just buy a Huntsman....about £15000 if I remember rightly, and absolutely nothing like OT.

Standing above the trap and 10yds behind sounds interesting

Standing above the trap and 10yds behind sounds interesting
Sorry to Gundog, that did not translate well. I meant the way the targets go in different directions, from close up...but mainly the whole FUN as hell, bit really.

40UP. Yeah, raised shooting position, with the trap(s) in the field in front, going away and yes, literally 10 yards..probably 2 or 3 yards above the trap, gun position.

The high angle targets were going a long way, but the lower ones probably wouldn't have thrown more than 60 yards I suppose, so not supper fast targets...but they get away from you quick!

Latest posts

Back