FITASC TRAP1

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
abt "was" extremely popular in France I believe, I didn't know that it no longer was.

as for computerised abt ...well it wouldn't be abt would it. The beauty of abt was and remains simplicity and low cost to install. I really don't see why anyone can't accept it for what it is.
Ian you are saying, I assume, I cannot accept ABT for what it is. I do accept it for what it is.. a discipline that will never in its current format gain any international standing as a championship event. From my point of view you are the one failing to accept it for what it is... an unfair format in which, though for some reason you insist on quoting them, the statistics are meaningless... and yet you continue to deny it.  Any view I put forward re the acceptability of the format is given as feedback from French shooters with whom I have discussed the topic. This is a thread about a new trap discipline being rolled out for competition. I am talking from a certain amount of knowledge of what is going on in French shooting and where that differs greatly from the UK is that the clubs are very much different here they are owned by the members for the members and all are well established with FU and FO facilities. These clubs are not going to waste time and money on buying traps to shoot competitions that nobody is going to be interested in, in France FU is king it is that simple and 95% of the clubs have the facilities they need to hold competitions every month and have at least 75 shooters turn out. Our league is adjacent to two other leagues so every weekend in a fairly compact area, although this is France its a big country, there are up to 220 maybe more shooters shooting in FU competitions. A new ABT based format is not going to make an impact on any of that .  But don't tell me that I do not accept ABT for what it is I do.

I do, its just the odd frog that has the hump :)
Well firstly there is nothing odd about me and I am not a frog but see above. Secondly can you let me know why FO can be unfair to some shooters.

In short I do not see too many clubs ripping out their perfectly good FU and FO  trenches to be able to participate in this tom foolery . This format will be as popular as the "snake"  was .
They should not need to rip out their trenches.

ABT uses the centre (FU = Trap 3) (FO = Trap 8 ) of a trench set up.

In EVERY case I can think of in the UK those traps are CURRENTLY suitable for ABT as it stands as a discipline. Every trench I can think of over here is capable of running - ABT, DT, UT, OT simple by varying the set up of each of the SAME traps.

I see no reason why it would be any different in France due to historically ABT was popular there. I know my local club used to run an annual coach trip to France for shooting trips for members to Falaise shooting. Providing that the clubs have a trap that operates as a "wobble" in that trap 3 or 8 position then they will be fine to run ABT if they want if there is a demand - with no additional expense - all they need to do is turn on the "wobble" electrics.

Last edited by a moderator:
They should not need to rip out their trenches.

ABT uses the centre (FU = Trap 3) (FO = Trap 8 ) of a trench set up.

In EVERY case I can think of in the UK those traps are CURRENTLY suitable for ABT as it stands as a discipline.

I see no reason why it would be any different in France due to historically ABT was popular there. I know my local club used to run an annual coach trip to France for shooting trips for members to Falaise shooting. Providing that the clubs have a trap that operates as a "wobble" in that trap 3 or 8 position then they will be fine to run ABT if they want if there is a demand - with no additional expense - all they need to do is turn on the "wobble" electrics.
I don't think you are getting my point. The clubs down here already have perfectly good FU and FO trenches with which they can and do hold monthly FU competitions to which they have no problems whatsoever attracting entries. Why would any club want to buy a new trap at great expense to hold a competition that nobody will be interested in? Clubs down here are all very well established and to be honest I doubt very much that there will be any new clubs anytime soon. The FFBT already have to collect €2 from every member to have a fighting fund to support objections to the clubs already in existence but despite this there have already been club closures and some clubs are not allowed to shoot in the high summer. This ABT based format may well be of interest to shooting commercial grounds as they will be cheap installations. In the area I shoot in I do not know of any commercial shooting ground. I think you are right re the UK and there is the point this is a discipline that FITASC would like to get control of in the UK every participant would be putting money into their coffers but I really doubt it will impact on many shooting clubs in France who already shoot FITASC FU competitions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think you are getting my point. The clubs down here already have perfectly good FU and FO trenches with which they can and do hold monthly FU competitions to which they have no problems whatsoever attracting entries. Why would any club want to buy a new trap at great expense to hold a competition that nobody will be interested in?
I can fully accept a decision not to hold a type of competition - grounds prerogative and all that.

However - you missed my point ASWELL - UT (FU) and OTR (FO) trenches OFTEN (in UK ALL cases) the required trap is ALREADY suitable. They should NOT NEED TO BUY A NEW TRAP if they installed the trench correctly first time around - all they need to do is flick a switch which activates trap 3 or 8 into "wobble" mode and they can throw ABT - it really is that simple - certainly over here anyway. In fact its MORE of a fiddle setting trenches to UT / OTR schemes as the trap is in fixed mode - rather than just oscillating.

I can fully accept a decision not to hold a type of competition - grounds prerogative and all that.

However - you missed my point ASWELL - UT (FU) and OTR (FO) trenches OFTEN (in UK ALL cases) the required trap is ALREADY suitable. They should NOT NEED TO BUY A NEW TRAP if they installed the trench correctly first time around - all they need to do is flick a switch which activates trap 3 or 8 into "wobble" mode and they can throw ABT - it really is that simple - certainly over here anyway. In fact its MORE of a fiddle setting trenches to UT / OTR schemes as the trap is in fixed mode - rather than just oscillating.
I know at the club I shoot at no such trap is fitted at the 3 in the FU or 8 in the FO trench. This is about trying to in some way get clubs to shoot a format that is not already shot to as it were one presumes to attract shooters to it. The question I am asking is why would clubs down here want to hold such competitions when they already have well established facilities for shooting an internationally accepted and world championship event and an already attract plenty of competitors? The problem as I see it is this FITASC are not creaming off enough money and need to generate more income... this could be a way of them getting their hands on more cash. One has to be realistic it is probably fair to say that there are fewer shooters now than there were say 20 years back but the shooters that I know down here at least are quite happy shooting the FU competitions they do at the moment because they are not concerned at all about FITASC's money issues.

but the shooters that I know down here at least are quite happy shooting the FU competitions they do at the moment because they are not concerned at all about FITASC's money issues.
And of course there is always FEDECAT ready to step in as they have their own game that uses the same facility as FU.  I wonder how it was that happened hahahaha?

Latest posts

Back