2013 British Grand Prix - Barbury - 8th/9th June

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExSCA

ShootClay Admin
Got some hot off the press news about this event which has entries filling up fast for 8th or 9th June - wondered if anyone else is booked on and ready for it.

The 2013 British Grand Prix of COMPAK will be run over 125 targets at the marvellous Barbury Shooting Ground - the event will run to strict Championship rules with squads starting out across all layouts simultaneously (like FITASC Sporting) - there will be 5 layouts, including one with acoustic release, supported and sponsored by Promatic.

Sounds like an excellent day out to me - I'm booked in to shoot on Saturday.

Full details are here:

COMPAK_GrandPrix_Jun13.pdf

Just in -

Porsche have stepped in to sponsor a 100 bird sporting (with re-entry) to run simultaneously to the COMPAK event - with a £200 HG prize for non-members (and a £100 prize for members - who pay a reduced entry)

Great to see a mainstream name sponsoring a shoot - and anyone who is down for the day enjoying the COMPAK would definitely be advised to jump on this as well...

Full details are here:

Porsche_competition_Jun13.pdf

Anyone else shooting this?

Attachments

• COMPAK_GrandPrix_Jun13.pdf
    50.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Porsche_competition_Jun13.pdf
    88.1 KB · Views: 29
Last edited by a moderator:
What a great sounding shoot. Glad to see FITASC Compak is getting off the ground properly at last in this country.

Well done Barbury. 

And to add, well done to the FITASC Sporting Sub-committee who have been working with Barbury to get them up to speed on getting this event run to the right standard, they are definitely learning on how to get COMPAK right in the UK and learning as each shoot progresses.

Will - good question, have just emailed Huw at Barbury to check that.

Apart from EJC Classic, Jack Pyke at ST, Met Police at West London, 4 or 5 registereds and now maybe 225 at Barbury, I've got hardly any shooting on in June. Makes a change from the paltry amount I have been shooting lately..

Will - for the COMPAK entry - try here : Compak Sporting Entry Form 2013.pdf

Just had confirmation from Huw that this will be manned stands, turn up and shoot - no squadding - so you can do it 'in between' Compak layouts (assuming you hit your times)

It will be a FULL Day at Barbury...  but I'm hearing excellent things about the targets

Saturday for me..

Attachments

• Compak Sporting Entry Form 2013.pdf
    91.1 KB · Views: 14
Sounds good Matt are the dates correct as you first post says 7th 8th but flyer is 8th 9th just thought I'd ask ? is there a shootclay squad in the offing ? or do BICTSF make the draw ? :mail:

Sounds good Matt are the dates correct as you first post says 7th 8th but flyer is 8th 9th just thought I'd ask ? is there a shootclay squad in the offing ? or do BICTSF make the draw ? :mail:
Corrected the dates - typo by me!  Thanks Gareth.

Not sure about squadding - will make some enquiries - get booked on though! Spaces are going fast...

Barbury only showing as being open 9-12.00 for Sunday (CPSA website) is that correct or is it an error in that their usual Sunday hours have been re printed?

9.00 - 12.00 might be a bit tight for anyone wanting to shoot both the reg comp and 100 sporting practice.

Barbury only showing as being open 9-12.00 for Sunday (CPSA website) is that correct or is it an error in that their usual Sunday hours have been re printed?

9.00 - 12.00 might be a bit tight for anyone wanting to shoot both the reg comp and 100 sporting practice.
Their usual opening hours will not apply for this weekend...  the COMPAK will be shot like FITASC Sporting, so squads allocated to their layouts at specific times.

One can CC.... but personally, I'd recommend the Compak... its great fun.

Back