2013 British Grand Prix - Barbury - 8th/9th June

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a great day out here today bumped in to Tiptop, Jem, Ed, Shortlegs and Matt too, sorry if I didn't mention anyone else there were more.

Great weather for the day even thought the sun was in and out.

All the staff were very helpful and polite and only really had one slip up on CCI when a secondary trap was used when the primary one (F bird) ran out but it was sending targets on a different path! Soon fixed though. Ended up with 97 ex 125

Managed to entertain myself in between layouts with the sporting course. Had a few really good stands then a load of average ones but put in a 73 on my card.

Good day, ran out of steam towards the end. 74 ex 75, did the sporting and tied George with 95, (1 bird light in the end) but let myself down with last 50 (22 22). Great fun, great company, lovely ground but not able to kick into top gear at the minute, hopefully will break out for the fitasc next weekend at steves! Very busy few days shooting and coaching and feel wrecked now!

Great shooting! Just gotta convince my wife that I need to shoot as much as you guys! Maybe I'll buy her a 20 bore for her birthday.

Indeed - great day of shooting, I thought the Compak Grand Prix was pretty damn good - great ground, mostly well organised (despite some hiccups getting the new system of Compak working 100% - much better than the two previous events).

I was pretty happy with my shooting - 19 (Barbury), 24 (Hull), 20 (Porsche), 23 (Wiltshire) and 19 (CCI) gave me 105ex125 - in and around some good shooters and ahead of a few surprise names.

Fantastic day in half decent weather with a good crowd, including loads of ShootClayers - Ed, JB, Bob_P (who hit two straights on his way to 112), Woo_P,  Tiptop, Jason, Chris C, Shortlegs and anyone else I forgot along the way!

Highlight of the day was watching Jack Lovick shoot off against Taylor Hedgcock for the new Junior trophy - sponsored by shootclay.co.uk

Full scores and rankings

Barbury Compak Scores Report-2013-Jun-09.pdf

Compak Rankings June 2013.pdf

Pictures here:

Attachments

• Barbury Compak Scores Report-2013-Jun-09.pdf
    97.2 KB · Views: 37
  • Compak Rankings June 2013.pdf
    73.3 KB · Views: 36
Last edited by a moderator:
Really enjoyed this event yesterday , good squad of people , excellent venue and something a bit different , well done everyone involved

Started on Porsche shot 24 then onto wrg shot a 25 , Cci shot a 22 , then barbury with a 23 , then finished on hull with 25 so total of 119

In between shot round the sporting and ended up losing bloody card which Derek found and posted for me which was a 92 let some slip on concentration here

All in all a damn good weekend off for me and shot a 91 at grimpsthorpe fitasc to win that over two days

Back to setting traps today !!!!!!!

Really enjoyed this event yesterday , good squad of people , excellent venue and something a bit different , well done everyone involved

Started on Porsche shot 24 then onto wrg shot a 25 , Cci shot a 22 , then barbury with a 23 , then finished on hull with 25 so total of 119

In between shot round the sporting and ended up losing bloody card which Derek found and posted for me which was a 92 let some slip on concentration here

All in all a damn good weekend off for me and shot a 91 at grimpsthorpe fitasc to win that over two days

Back to setting traps today !!!!!!!
Very well shot Steve. (It seems the ones I am missing lately are being added to your cards :) )

Taylor had the best day.. in fact the best weekend, he was more than happy with silver in the juniors at only 14 he shot his socks off, now the expensive bit starts :)

Claire - he shot brilliantly - that's a top score, shoot-off was unlucky - but head held high, amazing result - he even managed a smile on the podium!

And if you look at most of his pictures hes not much of a smiler.... he is however getting out of 2 gcse exams to go to Italy so im sure that had something to do with it... I am however rearranging them so he wont get out of it :)

was there a shoot off for the Super Vets title?

Ben - no, John Bidwell had to leave (car trouble I think) - so no shoot-off.

Steve you dropped your card by my car, Myself and Andy Seaman saw it was rubbish so Andy handed it in not Derek :haha:

If all the shoots were like that I would do them, Instead people seem to want to out target the shooter.

Our squad had a good laugh at me missing the 3 incomers on Wilts rod and guns layout, then on the hull 1 missed the dustbin lid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well shot Jason I'll have to catch you up with the form your getting at the moment or you'll be shovelling all the sand :laugh:   

I had a great day out here today bumped in to Tiptop, Jem, Ed, Shortlegs and Matt too, sorry if I didn't mention anyone else there were more.

Great weather for the day even thought the sun was in and out.

All the staff were very helpful and polite and only really had one slip up on CCI when a secondary trap was used when the primary one (F bird) ran out but it was sending targets on a different path! Soon fixed though. Ended up with 97 ex 125

Managed to entertain myself in between layouts with the sporting course. Had a few really good stands then a load of average ones but put in a 73 on my card.

Had a great day I couldn't get to grips with the sims for some reason on CCI 14/25 the rest I was happy with to finish 90/125

I had a great weekend.

All thanks to this Site so thank you Matt.

Latest posts

Back