FITASC novice

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Course designed by the renowned Graham Brown, located on the Jurassic Coast, what's not to like?

I will be there. Probably not shooting, more likely stickybeaking from the bushes, but I'll be there...

obviously there is a sxs section then. Any camping / caravanning on site ?

Dunno. Best to keep an eye on Google etc. But in all fairness there's a wealth of places to stay locally> Only a couple of years ago I could have recommended a four star holiday cottage a mere stone's throw from the venue, but we have it full of Romanians now.

I will probably see Graham tomorrow, and if I do I will ask where we may find additional details.

Funny you should be discussing side-by-sides; it was my intention, with a few others, to have a "side-by-side day" at Purbeck this last Tuesday, but the foggy foggy dew put a stop to it.

thanks Charles, please ask re sxs comp and caravanning on site. ?

I don't think there will be a SXS section but there's nothing stopping you shooting the comp with a SXS. If you want to shoot it youll have to book your entry through FITASC entries are open on their website . I'll be there booked a pub B&B not far from the estate.  :thumbsup:

ooh I like that, no classes ?

I will of course be last but I will be last overall rather than last in D ?

Dunno. Best to keep an eye on Google etc. But in all fairness there's a wealth of places to stay locally> Only a couple of years ago I could have recommended a four star holiday cottage a mere stone's throw from the venue, but we have it full of Romanians now.

I will probably see Graham tomorrow, and if I do I will ask where we may find additional details.

Funny you should be discussing side-by-sides; it was my intention, with a few others, to have a "side-by-side day" at Purbeck this last Tuesday, but the foggy foggy dew put a stop to it.
Let me know if you reschedule that SXS day Charles i may drag the Huglu out ;)

Ian.............you wonna shoot sporting right, and you wonna shoot it well. Is there any chance I can persuade you to shoot an O/U?
Leave the SXS for ya phezzies...............please :D

16178369_1647364785564207_7487207128262528511_o.jpg

IPS..............do ya fancy this...............I'll supply the malt, you supply the caravan? :wub:

Simbo

but I love shooting the sxs and to be honest I seem to shoot esp better than with my ou. When I say better I mean marginally less terrible ?

As soon as I am able I plan to pop down to Southdown and try my hand at FITASC.  I know it is tough but nothing ventured.....

Can you advise which gun would be best; my MK60 with 1/4 & 3/4 fixed chokes or [if allowed] my Rem 1187 semi and if so which choke, i was t,hinking 1/4 or maybe a 1/2.

Thanks
Your Mk60 with 1/4 & 3/4 fixed is 100% fine.  My Perazzi MX12 is fixed 1/2 & LF.  The advantage of a bit tighter in one barrel is for those further out FITASC targets, unlike ES.  For closer in pairs throw some 9's in your pocket.  Don't forget the line on your jacket.  10" from centre of shoulder.   You should love it.  Much more exciting and demanding than ES if targets are set to international standards not skeet lolipops.

I've taken the plunge and booked a handful of FITASC shoots. 

What advice or tips can you give someone who's only shot ESP to date? 

Should I watch anyone to see how they take the simo pairs etc? 

You'll be fine. Tell the ref you're new and ask not to go first, then just watch. Obviously read up on the rules before you go but it's not as tricky as you think. I'm enjoying it these days, especially as you can often shoot it 50, break, 50, so it's half a day. 

Obviously if you shoot gun up normally, there's a bit of work to get comfortable. As a general rule, your muzzle hold point will be slightly nearer the kill point as you lose time being gun down. Enjoy.

Doug

In addition to Wills advice

Suggest you get a line sewn on your vest so you will be ready to go, plus will allow you to practice mounting from the ready position ( top of stock below line), could also try it out in English Sporting on targets that you are comfortable on.

In the actual event careful attention is needed on the menu and think about the doubles when you look at singles as it may change your approach.

Targets are often not as they appear, so pay close attention and full concentration on every shot.

Most off all enjoy it

Regards

Leigh

Still trying to find time to try out FITASC, I usually shoot gun down so it does sound interesting to me. Hopefully I can have a practice session soon .

Still trying to find time to try out FITASC, I usually shoot gun down so it does sound interesting to me. Hopefully I can have a practice session soon .
No practice sessions in FITASC.  Even dry mounting gun is a breach of rules.  Practice on ES or other sporting.

I forget where you are based but A C Sporting Targets (in the same lane as West London Shooting School) have 2 Fistasc layouts - one easier than the other usually so you can practice before you do a competition to see if you like it and get comfortable with the rules before hand.

Latest posts

Back