first gun

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
funerals and divorce are both expensive. The first is to be avoided as long as possible whereas the latter is usually money well spent.

just saying

My first gun was the 'Diana' BP version of the Gat, I must have been about 9 or 10 so I'm guessing mid 70's. 

First 'proper' gun was a HW35 Luxus bought for my 15th birthday by my dad, still have it, rarely use it but will never sell it. It will go to my kids when I'm pushing the daisies up. 

Remember going out for the day to buy it from 'Trapshot of Lye'

funerals and divorce are both expensive. The first is to be avoided as long as possible whereas the latter is usually money well spent.

just saying
After 50 years, I can ill afford the latter.   Oh, and before you ask, YES I got married aged 10   !    :wink:

It was my first introduction to a shotgun  !

Last edited by a moderator:
MK38 Gd 1 32"

paid £1450 (new)

px for a 525 30" adj 

only changed because 32" barrels felt too much for me. Great gun otherwise 

Steady improvement since so either I am getting better, the gun suits me better or more than likely, a combination of the 2 (plus the lessons with Steve Nutbeam)....
Sure, don't draw too many gun conclusions in first two years. I had a K80 early on and I never really quantified just how much it held me back as I was progressing regardless.  ?

Sure, don't draw too many gun conclusions in first two years. I had a K80 early on and I never really quantified just how much it held me back as I was progressing regardless.  ?
No K80 for me. Happy plodding along with my 525. Lessons have made a difference... gone from shooting with one eye closed and gun up, to shooting with both eyes open and gun down/out of shoulder pocket (for all but fast going away stuff). However I won't really progress until I shoot more (shot 2 reg comps since November and only about 400 practice targets) but don't have time to shoot much.

No K80 for me. Happy plodding along with my 525. Lessons have made a difference... gone from shooting with one eye closed and gun up, to shooting with both eyes open and gun down/out of shoulder pocket (for all but fast going away stuff). However I won't really progress until I shoot more (shot 2 reg comps since November and only about 400 practice targets) but don't have time to shoot much.
Sensible gun, then add practice. No substitute for lead in the air sadly..

for our amusement.

your first gun - A BSA Airsporter S

the year you bought it - About 1986, from a school friend

the price you paid - About £30

do you still have it - No, I sold it to Joe Wheater when he had his gunshop in Lincoln (now long gone)

First gun was a gat gun dad bought for me in about 1995.

i fondly remember having a target stuck on the shed door and shooting it from the patio to try and impail those flying dart type ammo that came with it! Happy days. 

First shotgun gun was a hand me down AYA cosmos that my dad also leaner to shoot with. Given to my grandad by a Scottish keeper.  16 bore and extra full but a nice little gun. 

A webley hawk with interchangable .er177 & .22 barrells, a birthday present in 1973.

First new shotgun, a Laurona 83(?) 28 inch multichoke double selective trigger. Bought from Joe Wheater, 1983 ish for £340 ish. Had it fitted by George Staines at Burgh on Bain.

Leigh

Dad bought me my first .177 air gun in a toy shop in 71, I recall insisting on shooting it at some card boards inside the shop to make sure it was parful. The make was a Hungarian made Gohar, a couple of years later a late uncle bought me the same makers bigger version as a present, that day I learned what multiple orgasms felt like at 11. 

Dad bought me my first .177 air gun in a toy shop in 71, I recall insisting on shooting it at some card boards inside the shop to make sure it was parful. The make was a Hungarian made Gohar, a couple of years later a late uncle bought me the same makers bigger version as a present, that day I learned what multiple orgasms felt like at 11. 
precocious!!

Latest posts

Back