first gun

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think kids these days have the same interest in guns, well not like some us did. Guns these days are almost a taboo subject with some people, even air guns seem to be frowned upon at times.   
You need a the equivalent of an FAC for one in Scotland now

that's me on the right with my bro and grandparents

View attachment 6248
Brilliant Charlie ... not related to B and C or BFN are you :lol:    What is the shooter?

I don't think kids these days have the same interest in guns, well not like some us did. Guns these days are almost a taboo subject with some people, even air guns seem to be frowned upon at times.   
You are not wrong Les, I asked my mates if they wanted to come clay shooting one weekend and they looked at me like i was a stranger. first response was are my jeans going to get dirty. so i politely revoked my invitation and called him a tart!!! i am glad my Mrs isnt the same as it would be a nightmare but she works on a farm and understands the shotgun culture. i dont mention it to anyone as its more hassle than what its worth.

ah the Diana. That was the one I wanted and was at the side of the gat in the shop but at £5 it was another year saving up which I was not prepared to do. God we must have been poor in the 70s.

wonko

you haven't changed a bit since that picture was taken in the early 60s ?

ps

were you running illicit moonshine in that there truck ?? Hic

Last edited by a moderator:
your first gun: G10 repeater 

the year you bought it: 1995

the price you paid: £30

do you still have it: No.

I took it to school for a textiles project, I made a concealed holster for it. Don't think you'd be allowed to do that today!

It fired steel bb's .177 pellets and darts. I had it taken of me after a dart mysteriously ended up in my sister's leg!

I took it to school for a textiles project, I made a concealed holster for it. Don't think you'd be allowed to do that today!

It fired steel bb's .177 pellets and darts. I had it taken of me after a dart mysteriously ended up in my sister's leg!
I got blamed for something along those lines

Hi

x2 Miroku MK70 bought 2009 for £2200.  For both myself and beloved.

Traded mine 12 month later for SV10 prevail ( Big mistake ) have since gone back to Miroku and now have a MK38 Gr1.

Damon

A GAT gun too.

Swapped my Mamod steam engine for it with my mate David Bedford, Olympic runner, when we were at school circa 1965.

It disappeared rather painfully for me after a window breaking incident.

another reprobate to add to the motley crew

A GAT gun too.

Swapped my Mamod steam engine for it with my mate David Bedford, Olympic runner, when we were at school circa 1965.

It disappeared rather painfully for me after a window breaking incident.
twenty was a bit old for a gat gun Phil. Most of us had them when we were young.

just saying ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Swiss Air Arm bb rifle.

2000/2002 ish (I think)

£30

Yes I still have it... somewhere.

First 'proper' gun:

12g Laurona O/U

Feb 2017

£395

Most definitely have it!

Investarm 20 bore folder. £100.around1987. Traded it about 5 years on for £120. Horrible thing.

Jasper

ah the Diana. That was the one I wanted and was at the side of the gat in the shop but at £5 it was another year saving up which I was not prepared to do. God we must have been poor in the 70s.

wonko

you haven't changed a bit since that picture was taken in the early 60s ?

ps

were you running illicit moonshine in that there truck ?? Hic
That Diana was my first gun, Followed by a .22 air rifle of unknown make. Then followed a Baikal single barrel 12 bore and a few single .410s. Gave up shooting for 35 years. Back now.

Great picture Wonko !

another reprobate to add to the motley crew

twenty was a bit old for a gat gun Phil. Most of us had them when we were young.

just saying ?
Excuse me, but I'm just a newbie in the Super Veteran category this year you cheeky git.

Excuse me, but I'm just a newbie in the Super Veteran category this year you cheeky git.
I told them at Beverley this weekend I am not a vet I am a kitchen and bathroom fitter !

JGA No3 bolt action around 1968, with a cut down stock - i was only a nipper.

Had to give it up in the eighties as the barrel was only 23 1/2" long.

Relum Tornado .22 1974

Dad brought it so i've no idea how much she cost.

Sold it 1978 can't remember for how much :)

Latest posts

Back