First cartridges, now the clays too...

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simonix

Visited one of my local shooting grounds this weekend, got chatting to one of the staff I know quite well. 

Turns out that from next year, they're going to have to increase the charge per clay as CCI clays are putting prices up due to "Brexit"! :-(

Again, like the cartridges, a British company, but have to buy in the bitumen, etc from abroad. 

Looks like it will average an extra 4-5p per clay. Not huge, but every little counts and all that...

This was inevitable, its also the tip of a wider iceberg.

So, more profiteering by someone... lets say prices based on 1.25 (Which i would imagine that they aren't, 1.20, maybe 1.22 looks more sensible based on historic chart).  GBP EUR has hovered around 1.17 this week ( i think it will press on when the Italian result comes clear) a reduction of just over 6%, yet the clay ground has increased their retail price (which include their fixed costs) by 10% .. 3p is probably 30 - 40% of their clay unit cost price .. they are jumping on the band wagon and ripping you off.

I hate the term "brexit" its not a word and it makes no sense and what daft arse first penned it.

rant over.

I hate the term "brexit" its not a word and it makes no sense and what daft arse first penned it.

rant over.
Me too I also hate the word  bremoaners?!?  In fact I hate the whole thing, I am finding it very tiresome.

glad its not just me ?

bremoaners, not heard of that, equally stupid word.

rant over.
+1 

Also Chunnel is another that irritates me as does premiership,  as in football. 

don't get me started on chavball. ?

"v"

as in

chavs united V chav city

its versus not chuffing V ?

ps

tell you what really bugs me......the fact that the media as in tv news chap assumes we know what sport he refers to when he states that...such a villa V some city is on tomorrow.

what's that then, darts team, bowling, fishing.

I hate football with an almighty passion. I am off for a lie down as I feel a list coming on ?

don't get me started on chavball. ?

"v"

as in

chavs united V chav city

its versus not chuffing V ?

ps

tell you what really bugs me......the fact that the media as in tv news chap assumes we know what sport he refers to when he states that...such a villa V some city is on tomorrow.

what's that then, darts team, bowling, fishing.

I hate football with an almighty passion. I am off for a lie down as I feel a list coming on ?
I believe Aston Villa wear "Burgundy" as their uniform (or is it kit?!??) which I know you're a fan of! ;-)

well that says it all doesn't it, ruddy burgundy "dress" who in there right mind wears burgundy. ?

Visited one of my local shooting grounds this weekend, got chatting to one of the staff I know quite well. 

Turns out that from next year, they're going to have to increase the charge per clay as CCI clays are putting prices up due to "Brexit"! :-(

Again, like the cartridges, a British company, but have to buy in the bitumen, etc from abroad. 

Looks like it will average an extra 4-5p per clay. Not huge, but every little counts and all that...
I buy Corsivia clays at trade prices, I was advised of a £2.50/1000 price rise due to the exchange rate...work it out yourself

A local club owner mentioned a while back that it cost him $0.15 to put a target in the air.  That was long ago enough that it is prolly more by now.  He currently charges $0.24/target on the trap/skeet fields.  FWIW

Ian - if you'd had the misfortune to grow up with US version of sports (not even to mention shooting!) I think you'd have a better appreciation of what it is you have.  Armored mega-morphs butting heads and attempting to crush one another is of course a noble combat I'm sure, but it is right at unspeakably dull.  Personally, I find REAL football a fine game to watch - Aston Villa's burgundy and all tho I don't see them now that they've been relegated.

I felt a shift in The Force             and I'm guessing a list is eminent 

Not wanting to upset any club who provide our sport, but I was quite surprised on my return to clay shooting to be charged £8 for 25 clays, works out at 32p a clay. Is this the norm these days.

As a strawbailer I charge 25p.  I go to the clay supplier, store the clays, spend 3 hours on a sunday morning carting traps into place and over an hour putting them away.  Running the shoot requires 2 shoot vehicles that require fuel and maintenance.

If the shoot was a place with a club house, facilities, food etc, maintained shooting ground, good traps etc, i think 32p a clay is very reasonable.  I'm not even in it to make any money, and plough anything i do make back into traps, but grounds that do this for a business have got to survive. 

Not wanting to upset any club who provide our sport, but I was quite surprised on my return to clay shooting to be charged £8 for 25 clays, works out at 32p a clay. Is this the norm these days.

That is not expensive my local ground charges £8 for 30, it all depends on the overheads the ground has and if there is plenty of entries. it's never been a cheap sport or pastime ! its the cartridges that's the money pit.

We avoid the higher cost per clays, typically paying around 26p for practice on a sat, To 32/33 per 100 fpr a reg. 100 STr reg is 27. We wont goto a place that charges 35 B/o as we dont need to.I am expecting a revision to these in light of current economic shifts. I have no gripe with paying for my sport and supporting grounds, just  make my  buying decisions based on what is available locally, which for us is 90 mins driving.

Back