Cartridge companies

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was in Malmo Guns on Saturday, where I spoke to Co-Owner, Brian. He was telling me he is trying to keep his cartridge prices at their current level, they have managed to hold them at the December 2016 prices so far. I have been using the Cheddite 24 gram Trap 7.5's, which are currently £177/1000. I find them a superb cartridge and relatively clean. I have not needed any barrel cleaner spraying down the barrels before shoving a brush through anyway.
I don't think that Bryan would be happy being called a co-owner to be honest. :angel:

Westley , that is all very good to hear .

Only ever met Brian once at Theretta World's last year , what a nice bloke .

Good to hear that he is content to maintain his prices for as long as economical and not jump onto the rip off bandwagon.

I have a lot of time for Malmo. I've found them very open and fair to deal with. Cheddites did jump up last year making them dearer than other brands but maintaining their price through this last rise has made them competitive again.

They have obviously made a success out of importing a particular brand. Surely other large shops with the capital and storage could do the same as a lot of the current importers don't seem interested.

A shop selling a cheap cartridge even as a loss leader generates footfall,customer loyalty and additional more lucrative sales I would have thought. Most shops don't seem to prescribe to this theory. Can't help but feel the domestic cartridge industry has it easy.

PM.

Surely other large shops with the capital and storage could do the same as a lot of the current importers don't seem interested.
Purbeck Shooting are now doing this with the Armusa brand from Spain. In fact their delivery of containers arrived TODAY in dorset. 

Latest posts

Back