Fiocchi

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never had a misfire in thousands and thousands of Fiocchi ...all types. 

Check your firing pins....just saying..!

Nicola,

Fully understand what your saying but i am in the same boat shot 1000's of cartridges through my K80 using multiple gauges and brands with no issue of misfires.

So a case of this cartridge is no good in my gun and if i get no issues with other brands then NOT the gun or pins IMO.

Will simply revert to my currently trusted gamebore brand.

I love em particularly black but there are many cases of miss fires oop north. But as i say mainly it would seem from those perazzi things for some reason. I have shot probably 10k to date and not a miss fire to be seen but i shoot a proper gun :)

I use Perazzi....and no probs at all.....just saying..!

:laugh:

This lot oop north must have poor sh*te perazzi ... New firing pins required :)

I use Perazzi....and no probs at all.....just saying..!

:laugh:
Ditto. My last misfire in my P gun was an Eley Superb. None with Fiocchiz.

The only mis-fire I had to deal with while reffin at the ABT Open last week was an RC2 (second barrel).

The look on the chaps face when I said he could have the target again but miss with the first barrel and hit with the second was a picture. "Are you serious??". "Yep' thems the rules" says I. Pull, bang, bang, beeeeeep!!

DT

I've shot tens of thousands of Kent Velocity and never had a misfire, so that's a meaningless load of old bollocks... :spiteful:

I shot 5000 F/Blues and the amount of light strikes was ridiculas compared to other brands. I shot most of them through a K80, which had just been serviced by Erwin so new pins and springs had been fitted.

Even my mates Beretta had problems with them and a Mk38 was not much better.

If I was shooting comps with these I would have taken them back to where I bought them.

Strange, I've probably put 2,000+ Fiocchis of various sorts through my Brownings in the last 3 or 4 months and have had no problems.

I too thought it was strange  that I had so many light strikes.  It's a shame really as the 24gm load has very little recoil and the breaks are good.

Did you sort your trig unit mate
Not yet. Not had a chance as been in Dubai since Thursday. Flippin heck it hot!! Working outside and was 49 degrees on Thursday !!! Its like standing next a bloody blast furnace !!

Managed a quick 25 floodlit sporting at the Jable Ali Shooting Club on thursday (the OT layout is broken - buggar). Tell you what, you've never seen a shooting clubhouse like i can guarantee!

DT

Greg

i forgot you were off to dubai mate. Sounds hot mate

I've also just been through 1400 fblus/fblacks - no problem in my crappy old Beretta - but then no problem with any other shell. However, I did follow someone round at the English open who had numerous soft strikes on some fblacks... looking at them, seemed like the primer was set a touch lower than other shells.

I too thought it was strange  that I had so many light strikes.  It's a shame really as the 24gm load has very little recoil and the breaks are good.
The only ones that I've ever seen any problems with were some of the Top Ones and Top Twenty's when they first started importing them again a few years back. The 20's were particularly bad.

Not many people use them down here as the supplies a bit erratic unless you know where to go for them. I've used F Blues, F Blacks, Official Sporting, TT2's in plastic and fibre, and Super Sporting in plastic and fibre and haven't had one malfunction thank goodness.

Perhaps you were just unlucky and got a bad lot. I have found them very consistent and the price is good too.

I love all the ballistic experts....

Is is no good checking the primers after a mistrike...... :laugh:

I love some on here.... :laugh:

I love all the ballistic experts....

Is is no good checking the primers after a mistrike...... :laugh:

I love some on here.... :laugh:
I was checking UNSHOT shells Nic... and consensus from a number of people looking was that these were slightly different from others in the same batch. 

No-one was claiming to be an expert. 

I was checking UNSHOT shells Nic... and consensus from a number of people looking was that these were slightly different from others in the same batch.

No-one was claiming to be an expert.
Did I cite you darling....no.....however answer to question.....when people have a misfire and look at there shell and say look there is a mark...! And then feel the primer and say it is low.....I say garbage because a strike of any sort can move the primer in......
As for anyones comments....'oh that primer feels low' (and I have said same in the past) again means nothing . Someone can always shoot it.....and the finger is not an ideal accurate measuring tool. It is all to do with the strike power of the firing pins (and size).......some guns are just better than others.....true story..!!

Shoot the cartridge you feel happiest with peeps......and if it is not Fiocchi.....then please stop telling me your woes at shoots....just saying!!

Last edited:
Greg

i forgot you were off to dubai mate. Sounds hot mate
'Hot' doesn't get close !!

Couple of images of the Shooting Club. Typical Dubai !

DT

post-1056-0-96801200-1374475140.jpg

post-1056-0-54260500-1374475142.jpg

Attachments

• jabel ali club.jpg
    jabel ali club.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 0
  • jabel ali clubhouse.jpg
    jabel ali clubhouse.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back