Fiocchi

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shot with 2 people using f blacks on Sunday. 3 seperate miss fires (2 guns). COVERRRRRRR!

Shot with 2 people using f blacks on Sunday. 3 seperate miss fires (2 guns). COVERRRRRRR!
So it is the F-Black rather than a sh*te firing pin......or gun.....of course it is :laugh:

I shot with them today....no problems at all.

Last edited:
I had the exact same issue when I tried the F Black, in fact I had so many thuds and no bangs I went to the car and got different shells.

One 682gold e and one new K80
Not the guns then!

I have shot F'blacks for about nine months now and don't recall any misfires although have had a couple of slow burners.  But out 5 to 6K of cartridges not too bad. I guess some cartridge/gun combos just don't work 100% of the time?

DT

Never had any probs with fiocchi but have heard a few grumbles on here...the only carts I've had probs with we're white gold s xlrs misfire oh and black gold cases getting stuck in the breech

Not the guns then!

I have shot F'blacks for about nine months now and don't recall any misfires although have had a couple of slow burners.  But out 5 to 6K of cartridges not too bad. I guess some cartridge/gun combos just don't work 100% of the time?

DT
What's a slow burner if you don't mind me asking? :scared:

Not the guns then!

DT

Are you talking hang fire here? Because in my opinion that is worse that a complete misfire! Weird thing I have had only one misfire to date, and at the time I put my hand up and kept the gun safe thinking this could be a hang fire but within tens seconds the scorer came over removed the empty from the bottom tube and put the misfire into the bottom closed the gun and said try it now! It fired :) but had this been in a comp rather than training I would have had to miss with the first and tried to hit with the second so I would still have had to use another fresh cartridge to make the kill!

Used to see quite a few f/black misfires...don't see many now, or as many empties in the bins either...funny that!?!?

My F Black sales continue to grow month on month.

Customers return to buy more.

In most cases its the quality and kills that sell the cartridge not the price.

The empties must be landing in someones bin!

webber

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd shoot FBlacks quite happily, still waiting for FBlue's to be offered with 8's  :)  as I like these as well. It is true some guns are more susceptible to misfires, particularly with hard primers but as Webber has written on this matter before, there was a problem detected and the factory have fixed it.

My F Black sales continue to grow month on month.

Customers return to buy more.

In most cases its the quality and kills that sell the cartridge not the price.

The empties must be landing in someones bin!

webber
Yes Webber......loads of people shooting them successfully now.....I shot some yesterday on the sporting.......I need all the help I can get when I am up against my 12 year old :wink:

They were brilliant if you put them in the right place. No problem with any of them.

But like I have said many times.....I have shot thousands and thousands of Fiocchi of all types without ever getting a misfire .

However.....I store mine properly in a heated room......and all my guns are kept at competition level.

I know some on here have mentioned keeping cartridges in outhouses, cellars, sheds or containers............ 'Noooooooooooooo!!'

Some clubs also keep cartridges in containers .......... !

Ah well....each to there own.

I have to say Matt ....I did say the F on the first ever black powder shot i took on a game shoot . They said keep swinging after pulling the trigger......and I thought at the time .....'another bloody OT shooter'..... :laugh:

However I did have the time to exclaim 'duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck' whilst swinging.....before it went..!! Think I missed....but no idea as hidden in a cloud of crap.

Once was enough.....free invite or not....!!

shot blu and black for 6 months or so (prob close to 10k)not one misfire hangfire or anything else.

I shot F-Blue F-Blacks about a year ago, but had major problems with mis-fires, I believe they have now softened up the primers ?

Has anyone noticed any difference ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back