FEO visit

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Selby

I have the FEO visiting next thursday.... any useful advice on what questions i might be asked? I asked about the turn around time and she said 4-6 weeks from visit.... :fie:

Try and make sure your gun cabinet is installed prior to his/her visit.

Be prepared to answer questions on the general level of home security - locks on windows, alarms etc. Ditto questions about any medical history of depression, substance abuse/addiction. And it has been known for them to ask questions about the general state of your marriage.

Ensure that only those with a need to access the gun safe (e.g. you) know where the keys to it are kept.

Don't be surprised if the FEO turns down your offer of tea and biscuits.

No doubt others here will have further nuggets of advice.

Good luck.

Thanks for that. She is coming at 8am, so I doubt she will want biscuits...Cabinet is in place and secure. She has already asked me is I've had lessons (had 2 but at different places) and she seemed very pleased with that as she said it's more about the safe use of a gun rather than being a great shot...

Thanks for that. She is coming at 8am, so I doubt she will want biscuits...Cabinet is in place and secure. She has already asked me is I've had lessons (had 2 but at different places) and she seemed very pleased with that as she said it's more about the safe use of a gun rather than being a great shot...
All the officers in Glos that I've met have been men so obviously haven't come across this one.

I've never been asked much and to be honest there's not much they can ask, but they definitely like  giving advice. Make a point of asking a couple of things because a two way relationship is good.

If your home has conventional double glazed doors & windows they'll be okay, so on the 1st visit it'll mostly be cabinet & keys check.

It's really nothing but a box ticking exercise so no need to fret.

I have only had my ticket since last November..

All I can say is dont worry about things..the guy from Cheshire just went through my form asked questions about house security and looked at the safe..

Left me a leaflet and was gone within 20 mins..

FEO visited me today. Very happy with cabinet and where it is. Said no problems with my application and that should receive SGC in 4-6 weeks.....really hoping it is a bit sooner than that though, still very keen to get going properly...

Staffordshire take about two weeks from visit but it does depend on how busy they are. Dont rush to buy a gun in advance like I did, I missed that many yesterday I nearly threw it in the pond  :crazy:

I know what gun I want (used one in a lesson) but will wait a bit.
spill the beans, what you going for?

ive just put a deposit down on a new silver pigeon one. but as usual the police are dragging their heels issuing my certificate 

MK38 30" Teague sporter. I thought about the SP1 but really enjoyed using the Mk38 and it seemed to fit, so going for that...just can't wait to get my cert and get shooting some clays.

Thats what I have bought and I would have hit more by throwing stones yesterday,  :banghead:  I know, its me and not the gun. To be fair I am a novice and it was windy.

The only problem I am having is it causes pins and needles in my lower fingers (I have a disabled wrist) but the other gun I used didnt do that. I am wondering if it is down to weight?

All the best

Thats what I have bought and I would have hit more by throwing stones yesterday,  :banghead:  I know, its me and not the gun. To be fair I am a novice and it was windy.

The only problem I am having is it causes pins and needles in my lower fingers (I have a disabled wrist) but the other gun I used didnt do that. I am wondering if it is down to weight?

All the best
disabled wrist, in what way if you don't mind me asking (professional interest)? Did you get a gun fit when you bought it?

MK38 30" Teague sporter. I thought about the SP1 but really enjoyed using the Mk38 and it seemed to fit, so going for that...just can't wait to get my cert and get shooting some clays.

All the best
You both have/will have a cracking gun, but then I would say that - I've got one!

Enjoy, it's only practice that is needed.  Put plenty of carts through and it will get better. :hunter:

disabled wrist, in what way if you don't mind me asking (professional interest)? Did you get a gun fit when you bought it?
Your professional opinion would be greatly appreciated.

I had a serious accident that resulted in two pins being inserted through my radius and ulna, when removed they restricted movement and I had to have another operation where a plate was put on the ulna and (I may be wrong here) the pisiform bone was removed. My wrist is very deformed but its not so bad, other people have far worse than me and this is the first time I have explained it to someone in over 15 years so a bit embarrassing.

I didnt have a gun fit so too speak other than being told that the Miroku would fit me better as the stock was shorter (I am quite short).

Back