"Fabulous" quotes

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most unhelpful quote ever...

"That takes more/less than you think"

No...it took more/less than YOU thought! How the fuck do you know what I'm thinking? Was caught by that one a few times early on.
Agree with that one... what appears to be one persons 12inches, turns out to be someone elses 3ft - or something. 

Overheard while waiting to shoot a very low fast driven in a grouse butt.

Chap waiting to shoot asks his mate who had just missed the lot what choke to use.

Choke!!!!! Be better off with a tennis racquet mate.

Nic I think most of us already know his name dear!!!!
Sssssssssh the hedge monkeys will not have a clue..........safety in numbers eh?

P.s. I am now officially a trappie again :laugh: phew..!

AJ Smith to the CEO of ICI.

" Are you trying to hit these clays or are you trying my patience? Because at the moment your wasting clays, my cartridges and my time."

" you want to aim to hit it just above that tree " whilst pointing at a forest 40 yards away.

Reply.

" oh yeah that tree, the one with the squirrel waving at me "

chicken curry no worry

AJ once offered to take me around the ground and coach me on some long crossers. After watching me miss comprehensively I asked where he thought I was on the target,  "nowhere f***ing near it" came the reply, followed by a chuckle. I can still hear him saying it. He was one of the best shots I have ever seen but his coaching skills were questionable.

A regular from one of the guys is 'I'll have to get you a pie to go with all those chips'.

Last edited by a moderator:
"You get that barrel bored and ported and you'll really have something."

Which I have to admit was absolutely true, except that it was something that I no longer had any use for.   :fie:

"You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off,

"When the last time you had your eyes tested!"

The best one for me, by a ref, " if it doesn't break I will have to call it a loss"......

Just remembered a couple of remarks from seasoned scorers, both from Weston Wood:

Fred, (brilliant scorer, lovely bloke), when asked by a shooter in the cage if Fred needed a moment to finish his sandwich. Fred replies in his lovely slow Gloucester voice, 'you carry on, I can eat and laugh at the same time'.

Another, Gary, was listening to a certain very mouthy shooter giving the usual loud rhetoric. When finished, Gary said.. 'You're like a tramps coat.. Always ON'

Just remembered a couple of remarks from seasoned scorers, both from Weston Wood:Fred, (brilliant scorer, lovely bloke), when asked by a shooter in the cage if Fred needed a moment to finish his sandwich. Fred replies in his lovely slow Gloucester voice, 'you carry on, I can eat and laugh at the same time'.
I love that :)

Well I'm not sure it's fabulous but it was definitely embarrassing. At the English Open Handicap By Distance I was asked who I wanted for photographs, the HG was Dick Fletton and without thinking I shouted rather loudly "I need Dick!"

Oh well, at least everyone was smiling on the photographs :)

Well I'm not sure it's fabulous but it was definitely embarrassing. At the English Open Handicap By Distance I was asked who I wanted for photographs, the HG was Dick Fletton and without thinking I shouted rather loudly "I need Dick!"

Oh well, at least everyone was smiling on the photographs :)
Its a good job my mate Johnathan balls didn't come second

Best on telly...Beverly Hillbilles... Couldn't find on you tube but basically how it goes. ( From memory don't quote me)

Jethero is in the garden shooting heads off flowers.

Granny come out and asks him what he's doing and says "that's not very difficult" and shoots several using mirrors, over shoulder etc "see the fly on the wall that's more like it"

Jethero has a go and misses, "it's impossible"

Granny- no it ain't, it's easy give it here.. Bang!

Jethero- it's still there,

Granny- eeerrrr yes, but it'll never have kids!!

There is a video of them skeet shooting and Ellie having a go at ATA.

Back