Express Power Gold

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well i tried some and i have to say i love them in plastic didn't even notice the recoil at all compared to the pro ones i shot the day before so they are definitely smooth,trying the fibres this weekend and if they are good will be my new go to cartridge ;)

Update shot a couple of hundred fibres at the weekend....anything but smooth.

will keep using the plastics but it looks like i will be back to the f black sporting.

:D

Well i tried some and i have to say i love them in plastic didn't even notice the recoil at all compared to the pro ones i shot the day before so they are definitely smooth,trying the fibres this weekend and if they are good will be my new go to cartridge ;)

Update shot a couple of hundred fibres at the weekend....anything but smooth.

will keep using the plastics but it looks like i will be back to the f black sporting.
I've not shot many of the fibres, as I only really use World Cup Fibre.

It's the plastic 8's that I've been using & love.

I tried the new 24g 9's this week and they are well worth a look!!! Especially if you shoot skeet

I used power gold fibre at the game fair and was amazed at how they suited my gun,very smooth no confetti, and superb starburst kills.I will be giving the plas wad 24g a try on the fast trap when i get some.

Went to RBSS to shoot the laporte challenge yestersday decided to have a go on the pool shoot first and couldn't believe the amount of confetti i was getting from them hope it is only the one slab as i have a couple of thousand! fortuneitely i had some fblack fibres in the boot that were fine,very disappointed.

Where do you get your f3 pistons from at that money if you don't mind me asking?

thanks Andrew
Apologies Andrew, I've been away a while

I buy my shells in bulk from a Chap called Angus and he comes to Barby Shooting ground (just outside of Rugby) on a wednesday night.  He's cheaper than anybody else I know.  If you come over I can introduce you to him no problem.

I hope that helps

Went to RBSS to shoot the laporte challenge yestersday decided to have a go on the pool shoot first and couldn't believe the amount of confetti i was getting from them hope it is only the one slab as i have a couple of thousand! fortuneitely i had some fblack fibres in the boot that were fine,very disappointed.
To update moved on to another slab which seem better but still getting about 1 in 5 that chuck out enough crap to be distracting!

Sounds pretty similar to the Superb fibres which had me and the scorer coughing and spluttering at the Beretta world!?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought some of these to try, both in Fibre and Plastic - went shot size 8 which as I understand is a UK7.5 - Is that the same as all of Express' cartridges? Eg Power Blues, etc 

Opened another slab yesterday that i have had in the house for at least 6 months never been below 20C and like shooting bloody confetti...love the plastics but the fibres i do not!

Also randomly i got a black cased one,same height brass and you can just make out the black power gold printing on it...whats that all about?

The New style power gold black printing on a black case ;)

IMAG0792[1].jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Shot some Power Gold 7.5's (UK 7) at Stevie Lovatts Windrush at the weekend.  Very soft, very nice patterns and VERY hard hitting in my Perazzi.

Only trouble was, the brass was too large for the chambers and had to be pressed in.  In my friends B725 Pro-trap, he couldn't fit them in the chamber.....

Back