Express Power Gold

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried them out and shot a new personal best at Southdown Premier League shoot 96 x 100.

And a good 89 x 100 at Owls Lodge.

They pass!

Screenshot_2016-04-26-16-40-01.png

The ref on stand 12 makes me cross  

Last edited by a moderator:
yep high silver is very nice and puts 20 quid minimum per k on the price but sadly makes sod all difference ?
Without getting in to one, this isn't exactly true, there is a good reason some cartridges have more brass (as it were), crimping is also very important, its all about pressure :)

Last edited by a moderator:
um, I accept crimping is a factor not convinced high brass is anything but marketing.

Well they did it again! ?

I can't believe how well I've shot with them ?

I wish they made a Game version ?

Screenshot_2016-05-06-18-32-02.png

Well they did it again! ?

I can't believe how well I've shot with them ?

I wish they made a Game version ?

View attachment 5680
That is a fantastic result.  I can only dream of scores that good.  

Can I ask why you changed to 8's? I was just reading an old thread titled "Black gold :- Dark storm!  Any good?"  and I was interested in your comments about using 6.5 shot.  You said " certainly would never shoot 8's again unless I started shooting skeet." 

Just wondered what it was that made you change. 

I tried a 1000 of these and I liked them a lot but in honesty they don't feel any different to my Fiocchi TT1 and I can get those for £25 less a 1000 so I won't be changing.  I've heard a few say they felt they were thumpy but I didn't find that at all.

It would be very interesting to compare the components of a Power Gold with an obsolete High Velocity :wink: :wink:

That is a fantastic result.  I can only dream of scores that good.  

Can I ask why you changed to 8's? I was just reading an old thread titled "Black gold :- Dark storm!  Any good?"  and I was interested in your comments about using 6.5 shot.  You said " certainly would never shoot 8's again unless I started shooting skeet." 

Just wondered what it was that made you change. 
I was actually asked to test 1,000 of them and give an honest review of the cartridges. That's the only reason I tried them over the Supreme Comp 6.5's.

As stated above, these are continental sizes much like black gold so they are 7.5s.

The first time I shot them was a tough course at Owls Lodge, nothing at range but still some very fast odd angle jobs.

Shot a pretty tidy 89.

Next shoot was Southdown Premier League shoot, I shot the whole course except for one long target (shot that with Supreme Comp 6.5's) and put in a 96 x 100.

Then next shoot was E J Churchills and again shot the whole course bar one target on stand 9 (again shot with 6.5's) And finished on 97 x 100.

I really like the cartridges not because of the shot size, but because of how smooth they are! They produce very little recoil, allowing the second target to be picked up quicker. And I suffered with a slight flinch every now and again from all my game shooting with big 36g - 42g cartridges.

Since shooting 1000 of these it's completely gone!

I've just about run out of Power Gold now. Will I order more? With PB breaking scores like this being shot with them, yes I will.

But I can guarantee, if you find me on a course somewhere, you'll find a box of 6.5's not too far away ?

Thank you for your reply. 

Well you can't deny you have been putting in some fantastic scores recently.  I tried them yesterday and as you say they are a great cartridge.  At £30 per 1000 cheaper than white golds I am considering changing to them once I have used up what I have left. 

Thank you for your reply. 

Well you can't deny you have been putting in some fantastic scores recently.  I tried them yesterday and as you say they are a great cartridge.  At £30 per 1000 cheaper than white golds I am considering changing to them once I have used up what I have left. 
They are a fantastic price for the quality of the cartridge.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the Power Gold once you've shot a slab or so.

Dean

I think it is a very good cartridge, possibly re-badged but the performance is very good and the price also .

Actually I think you will struggle to find a bad cartridge nowadays?

I think it is a very good cartridge, possibly re-badged but the performance is very good and the price also .

Actually I think you will struggle to find a bad cartridge nowadays?
I can promise you its a newly developed cartridge and been carefully fine tuned.

Why such a price difference though. As cheap as £162 to £195 /1000
I bought mine at AGL where they were on special for £168 but I was told the real selling price would be £180/£185 and indeed they sell them at West London I think for £185.  I don't want to spend £25 extra per £1000 as I really can't tell the difference between my usual and them.  They are very good, I enjoyed using them and they did not cause me any recoil problems.

I bought mine at AGL where they were on special for £168 but I was told the real selling price would be £180/£185 and indeed they sell them at West London I think for £185.  I don't want to spend £25 extra per £1000 as I really can't tell the difference between my usual and them.  They are very good, I enjoyed using them and they did not cause me any recoil problems.
No idea on the price difference.

I would assume they may have been on a special offer from the supplier at £162! I believe the RRP to be around £180. And a little more for fibre.

Back