Express cartridges

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawkeye

Since joining I have read lot's of comment's about lot's of different brand's of cartridges, but very few comment's about express cartridges. 

Why is that ?

Dan arms by express are cheap carts and shoot really well!! But as I see everything seems to have gone up again

They're not what they used to be, use to shoot super comps 28gram and high velocity 24 gram years ago. But the price went up and the quality down, never shot them since.

Hardly anyone buys them any more do they? Five years ago our cartridge skips were 50% Express in some form or other, now its unusual to see any at all

Never used any other express carts other than the dan arms. Been using hull super fast for a while but they have just taken a big price increase!

Seen quite a few Express pro skeets knocking around in bins at skeet grounds and I won 250 of them in class and 1000 Express Supreme Competitions in the raffle at the Express skeet in Nottingham. Pro skeets are a decent shell but as noted there are cheaper for the same performance out there.

As for the Supreme Comps, lovely shell, reasonably fast but decent recoil and they look the dogs danglers with massive brass :D but at £240 a thou, way out of my price bracket!!! VIPs, Black Golds, Pro one, sovs etc are all comparable at nearly 20 quid a thou cheaper.

I stopped shooting Express about 10 years ago, shocking management when you think about it for a minute. The cartridge world/market has evolved around them out of all recognition and they are still producing and persevering with the same line up and uncompetitive prices. Pathetic.

I've only ever tried 1 slab of Express and they left brass colour all over the breech face on my Beretta SP1 I had at the time.

Nothing wrong with that as such I suppose, but it never happened with any other shell and it just made me think/feel they we're cheaply put together so I lost confidence in them.

Add to this they seemed a bit pricey, Ive not tried them since.

Iggy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Super Comp, but I won't pay the going rate for them. They're not that ****ing good <_<

I use the World Cups from time to time but apart from that tend to stick to Gamebore & Fiocchi's.

I still use express excels but may change soon as they now seem a bit dirty and patterns no longer seem to be as good.

I have always shoot super comps . just because the guy that help me get in to shooting about 6 years ago shot them. I have never really tride any other cart.

I have hard people say they have quite a bit of recoil .

May be its time I looked for another cart , may be white gold ?

Any suggestions would be welcome , I shoot mainly spooting

thanks

Their main sellers were the Super Comps which lost out to Eley Superbs because of a big price differential - poor management.

World Cups which lost out to everything because of high cost and high recoil - poor management.

HV pink shells which were always borderline performance wise anyway, lost out to other budget shells

due to being uncompetitive, again poor management.

Even pre recession nobody used their Supremes as they were and are a ludicrous price. 

Yes a few years back they were the biggest volume seller I would have said. I dont know the last time I saw someone shooting them though... Im amazed that they are still able to operate, Hull Eley and Gamebore have rocketed past them in numbers of shooters Id say.

Anyone dreaming of buying machinery from Italy and starting from scratch could do a lot worse than approaching Express and offering them a few grand and buy them outright. :D   Not being serious, things are rarely what they seem on the outside, it prob belongs to some consortium who use it to show group loss. 

We both use Express HV, 28g 7.5 fibre. I don't believe they're the worlds best by a long shot ha ha. Currently paying £160 per thousand. It's probably true to say that at our level the cartridge is outperforming the shooter. Pretty happy with them really.

Latest posts

Back