essex masters

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I liked the way that each course started relatively soft with the tougher stands later on. It probably doesn't make a lot of difference to the top shots but it's not great for someone like me to face the toughest stand on the course straight off. Also even from my humble C class ranking I managed to connect with every target shown (sometimes only once)  with the exception of 2 singles stand 13 red. Thoroughly enjoyable.

The sheer number of entries speaks volumes. 1700? £128,000 turnover!
​I was going to add something about that as well - truly excellent value for for money - £78 for 200 targets - £39 per 100 - in and around regular registered prices for a mammoth prizefund.  Fairplay to John and his team for making that work. 

This was the first Major event I've taken part in. Apart from Greatwall Series Qualifications. 

I was in a bit of a rut after only scoring 59 at gunsite last month, it had effected my mental attitude somewhat! 

I turned up with no idea how stiff the targets would be or how I may perform. (Probably a good thing actually)

I shot black course first and then red. I felt both were fairly equally set, just red course had a good few snap shooting stands.

Managed 90 on Black and 84 on Red. Was getting fatigued by the end, having never shot under compertition pressure from 11 am to 5:30 pm before!!!

Couldn't believe the mixture of targets on offer. if you not sure of a weakness, you will find it here. Mine were the midi's! Kept over leading them. And wasn't great on the longer range fast loopers.

The grounds had loads of bins, toilets and seating around both courses. 

As mentioned above I only had two no birds over 200 targets. 

The group of lads I shot with were really friendly and happy to have a chat and giggle on the way rounds.

Was by far the best day shooting I've had.

See you next year.

This was the first Major event I've taken part in. Apart from Greatwall Series Qualifications. 

I was in a bit of a rut after only scoring 59 at gunsite last month, it had effected my mental attitude somewhat! 

I turned up with no idea how stiff the targets would be or how I may perform. (Probably a good thing actually)

I shot black course first and then red. I felt both were fairly equally set, just red course had a good few snap shooting stands.

Managed 90 on Black and 84 on Red. Was getting fatigued by the end, having never shot under compertition pressure from 11 am to 5:30 pm before!!!

Couldn't believe the mixture of targets on offer. if you not sure of a weakness, you will find it here. Mine were the midi's! Kept over leading them. And wasn't great on the longer range fast loopers.

The grounds had loads of bins, toilets and seating around both courses. 

As mentioned above I only had two no birds over 200 targets. 

The group of lads I shot with were really friendly and happy to have a chat and giggle on the way rounds.

Was by far the best day shooting I've had.

See you next year.
Well shot Dean 

just checked scores see you won B class 

new gun for you then 

what day did you shoot on ?

Thank you! 

I shot Friday at 11am and the 3pm

Was quite lucky with the weather. Not too much wind and it had warmed up nicely by 11am.

Couldn't have asked for better weather.

Have to find room in the cabinet for the new gun or sell it.

Weather or not you still got to kill them which you did 

certainally a big jump from the 59 at gunsite 

My average is a bit 74% so 59 was a bad show! 

The targets just beat me. I shot westfield and managed 86x120 which is only 3% or so off my average.

Just felt good at essex, went there with no expectations, liked the targets and ended up winning :)

The next comp I will be expecting to do well and I will balls it up :)

My average is a bit 74% so 59 was a bad show! 

The targets just beat me. I shot westfield and managed 86x120 which is only 3% or so off my average.

Just felt good at essex, went there with no expectations, liked the targets and ended up winning :)

The next comp I will be expecting to do well and I will balls it up :)
​That's what I like to see a good mental attitude :)

Now it's all finished and I have had some time to reflect - I'd definitely say this was one of the best English Sporting events I have been to. I didn't shoot brilliantly, so I'm not relaxing in the glow of a high score. 

• Terrifically well organised, timings (whilst it is a long day) were relaxed, and we managed to get a break in between rounds. Checking in was quick and efficient.
  • Targets were well set - nothing ridiculous, but enough to test everyone - a couple that I wanted to bayonet, and a couple of long range - a real mixture of every type of target. 
  • Well reffed - didn't hear any complaints, or see any issues around the whole course
  • Reliable - we were a squad of eight, and I think we saw less than a dozen no birds - maybe 20 - which is a tiny rate bearing in mind we would have seen somewhere over 1600 targets all day.  I don't think we had any interruptions for trap filling or anything. 
  • Atmosphere - smiling face and good fun all day from shooters and staff alike. 
  • Didn't try the food - as I'm still trying to diet - but did have the most excellent ice cream at the end as a reward for the long day!
We're all quick to slag off a shoot - so I want to be quick to praise a shoot... excellent stuff from John and the team. 
​+1

Doesn't cover the pool shoots or food takings either. Good luck to them, offering a popular product at a great price.
​Dont forget 30 refs for 6 days, plus ground/catering/pool shoot/admin staff were all there FOC & the £30k in prizes were all donated !!!!!

Latest posts

Back