ESP shooting near Chester

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nimbusgb

Are there any clubs/grounds that favour sporting ( or compact/sporttrap/fitasc ) shoots near Chester?

Fauxdegla ( How DO you pronounce that? ) seems to have sporting layouts but no regular comps either at club or reg level.

The CPSA site doesn't show me any sites nearer than a hour or two's drive.

One might have to become a regular customer of Mr Lovatt which will drop me back to C class in no time but the driving will be a real pain.

Last edited by a moderator:
its pronounced "fo-degla"

north wales shooting school

catton hall

mickley

Manchester shooting ground

as far as I know there the closest to chester, cant say how good the esp is though or if they are reg. How far you prepared to travel. ??

Does a reg shoot at North Wales or Fauxdegla count as an international shoot and is an English CPSA classification valid there? Would scores get entered to the CPSA ( I doubt it )  :)   ( the CPSA has no details of North Wales shoots )

Catton Hall looks promising with a shoot once a month and although its on the CPSA site it does not show up on their map! Nice and close to Chester though

Mickley Hall - has a few open shoots

Manchester has a members comp in 2 months time.

Hodnet / West Midlands does not have any Reg ESP on the schedule.

Looks like I'll be driving some!

welcome to my world, five hour round trip on a good day to shoot reg trap. THIS is why I have done very little this season.

north wales shooting school ................they have not been in the CPSA for years  :rolleyes:

got cpsa accreditation recently I believe

Kingsley moor

How far to garlands?
50 miles to Kinglesy moor. 1h20 Each way. 100 reg sporting every 2 weeks. Excellent!

84 miles to Garlands ...... 1h44 each way according to google maps. Lots of esp reg there. 

Thanks for those!

Esp at Blackpool too but maybe only 4 times a year

Oakedge off junc 15 (i think) of the M6

The driving sucks, everywhere we go is at least 90 mins each way, at least i live 5 mins from motorway.Still racked up 12500 shooting miles last year

Esp at Blackpool too but maybe only 4 times a year

Oakedge off junc 15 (i think) of the M6

The driving sucks, everywhere we go is at least 90 mins each way, at least i live 5 mins from motorway.Still racked up 12500 shooting miles last year
Eek!

Hi Mickley Hall held regs shoots last winter 1 shoot over a month 1st score to count, Kegworth, Blackpool , Old Glossop, Oakedge are all worth a look on a 2 weekly basis.

Very many Welsh based shooters regularly drive over the border to enter comps and vice versa and yes normal rules apply that is as long as the competition is a registered not an open jolly scores do get submitted etc etc. Do look on the Welsh site for fixtures also. As for running up and down the lane restricted roadworks that used to be known as the M6, for work yes for hobby, I'd avoid 

Latest posts

Back