EOpen 2019 at WMSG

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Educate  me about this killler stand 15!
Monster lift, rumoured 150ft, clay dropping near vertically when we shot it, you see full clay, Newtons law of accelleration (have I spelt that correctly?) so very very little time, o/r a quick flat going away edge on teal which seemed distant then even more so. Our squad went 0, 1, 0, 2, 1, 6 (AA) on said stand and we felt lucky. 

Will repeat, as a shoot it was most enjoyable

Monster lift, rumoured 150ft, clay dropping near vertically when we shot it, you see full clay, Newtons law of accelleration (have I spelt that correctly?) so very very little time, o/r a quick flat going away edge on teal which seemed distant then even more so. Our squad went 0, 1, 0, 2, 1, 6 (AA) on said stand and we felt lucky. 

Will repeat, as a shoot it was most enjoyable
It cannot have been that bad I hit 5 on 15 and only scored 78 overall

Stand 15's a great target, I didn't hit a single one of them though. I struggled to connect with it, my approach was all wrong. Still now - I wouldn't know how to approach it.

Stand 15's a great target, I didn't hit a single one of them though. I struggled to connect with it, my approach was all wrong. Still now - I wouldn't know how to approach it.
I hit three droppers and two teals. Held the gun about 1/4 down from the top, maintained about a 12ft gap and shot it just below halfway down.

Sorry to miss this event, I had to cancel for a US business trip. If it were nearer, I would be hanging around for a cancellation now..

Well shot on 15 Chippy.

Hodnet for us today with a great squad including Mary, Tim and Lee Thornett, Ed Harding and Richard Dumpleton and of course Tony.  No big score for me but I managed to hit 3 driven without puking this year.  Salopian’s stand cost me the most on any stand except for stand 15.  Just a near rabbit and an incomer but it got me and dropped 5!   Stand 15 managed 1 dropping clay and was happy to get that.  I thoroughly enjoyed the day.  Scored 84.  Tony and I shot the pool shoot afterwards which was clay snooker.  5 pairs, all starting with clay 1 which was an ABT trap  paired with good second targets.  You had to shoot the first clay to be able to score your second one so whilst I missed a coloured clay only once I had missed a couple of the first.  Anyone who shot it will know how pleased I would be to get the 7th clay which was a black midi quite far out.  Scored 21/33 no idea what clays scored what points though.  Tony got them all so he and Billy Baughan were the only two today to straight it so they split £100 and then shot off for the other £80.  Tony dropped a few but Billy straight it again.

Well shot both of you - I'm there tomorrow so wish me luck . - new gun and all for a baptism of fire. Tony did well on the pool, just a pity the CPSA couldn't get his name right on the website clip 🤔🤔

It cannot have been that bad I hit 5 on 15 and only scored 78 overall
Didn't say it was a bad target, more that the majority of our squad didn't have skill set to shoot it. Can't remember ever coming across such a target before either so really in dark in how to approach, when we arrive at stand previous squad had finished so nowt to view prior either. We got caught cold and I was simply not good enough to find it. 

Shot this today, was happy with 101/120, managed to get three of the droppers on 15, just a shame I only hit one of the teal.

Dropper needed shooting sharp with a fair gap, I see about 10 foot.

That was the only nasty stand, which accounted for nearly 25% of my dropped targets.

The score board just doesn't reflect the phenomenal shooting in the final on some of the most difficult targets ive ever seen.Huge congratulations to the finalists especially mark winser.

The score board just doesn't reflect the phenomenal shooting in the final on some of the most difficult targets ive ever seen.Huge congratulations to the finalists especially mark winser.
What were the targets? I was disappointed not to have seen any videos or anything of the final.

Dan 525 they put a monster looper off the stand 15 dropper lift quartering across the right hand side of the pool layout shot from the balkony,as a report bird after a hard going away from where the blue trap was on the pool.The others i cant remember so much but they were hard.

Latest posts

Back