English and British open sporting

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was nothing at last year's British that was 'silly', there was only two clays I really struggled to find, a midi off a JCB that I think I over cooked, took the nose off 4th pair when I cut back and the r-l standard off the tower on stand 13 that I broke in half second pair and just could not decide how much it needed!!! I felt it was very much a test of concentration, technical ability and gun control...my target is to shoot 10% better than last year's 90!!! I think that would probably get me back on the Sunday... :D

Ok then why don't we have 125 sport trap or 125 of anything
http://www.olympic.org/shooting-skeet-125-targets-men

post-812-0-55210900-1423743735.jpg

post-812-0-55210900-1423743735.jpg

Attachments

• Skeet Men.JPG
    Skeet Men.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry not wearing this one let's take a 100 bird shoot at £40 which is expensive add £10 to the prize fund from each entery (that's £15 now not the £10 that the CPSA pay back ) that's £9 for 20 birds on the British open price and you tell me it's not to make money
 Deershooter 

You completely miss the point here, this is a market place and like all markets people shop for value for money (albeit this is quite often perceived) but as they say perception is reality in peoples mindsets. Along with value for money comes enjoyment and fun, intangibles which nevertheless are equally important to me at any rate in this sport. As a package that takes a hell of a lot of work, money, discussions, negotiations, sponsors etc. just ask Steve Lovatt and Matt Rutherford how they had  to work their balls off to make events last year run like clockwork.  As has already been stated the events are not compulsory and if you percieve them as not value for money the simples! DONT ATTEND but I can assure you all those that do attend will thoroughly enjoy the day because it is much more than just 120 birds and the cost of such. I personally find 120 birds much more reasonable when shot over 15 stands. And as for your remark regarding representation of sporting targets,when have you ever been out in the wild and shot 25 going aways in succession as you would in DTL ?? Not sure what your point is exactly I am happy to be enlightened 

Under the old system there were 15 squads starting at the same time on 15 different stands if there are less stands and different amount of targets on each stand you then get bottle necks as the three pairs finished early and the 5 pair finished late. So as James said 120 goes equally into 15 stands and makes it run smoothly.

It's not a problem on normal registered unsquaded shoots where you can jump a stand or squadded ones that start from the first stand that work round in order and you only have a total of about 100 shooters to get through.

Also sportrap and skeet etc are immune as they are shot on a fixed layout and the next squad is booked on at a time which coincides when they finish with less entrants.

Putting extra stands on incurs extra costs, refs traps etc.so it is going to cost the ground owner extra to put on the 120 bird shoot other than just clays.

If you want to shoot a shoot that resembles live shooting then shoot flushes or we could design a discipline that resembles rough shooting which means your score could be 5 ex 9 for the first shooter and 0 ex 0 for the second.

I really don't get the issue with the extra 20 birds.

Aaaaaaaalways look on the briiiiiight siiiiide of life..!
When life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten,

And that's the fact you get to shoot at all.

When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be whinging chumps

Just grow a pair, else it makes you look a fool!

Aaaaand.....

:)

120 makes it feel like a day out, different to a standard sunday. As for cost, you get a choice.

Latest posts

Back