Eley olympics 7.5 28grms plastic wad

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonky70

Well I'm must say I'm really pleased with them I shot at wylye today and had a pb so I'm guessing I've found my cartridge

I find olympics (i use 8's) a good cartridge,if you are pleased with the results stick with them.

And well done on the P.B.

Thanks I felt good and thought I could of hit more are 8's the same price or what do you pay a 1000

Hi Tonky,

The price will be the same. The shell performance also close to identical. At the early learning stage, the shell is about 5% of the contributory factor to whether you get a kill or not. Stick with something that you feel is 'your friend' until there is a good reason to change, such as price goes mad or you are hitting 75 and want to experiment.

Cheers

CSC3

I use 8's because i think i hit more than with 7.5's but thats just one of those things thats in my head.I have patterned them at carl bloxhams and they were throwing tight patterns through my gun so no reason to change really.

They seem to get out and hit most things as long as you put it in the right place.

Some will say that you need 7.5's to get out to the long stuff????

As clever say's stick with them if you think they are ok.

The price depends on where you live in the country????? I just payed £169/1000 at jc's but they were on his bin end specail offers otherwise they are £183 which i think is way over the top.

I've seen them on jc and they are £177 at coley's but jc charge £15 for delivery so it's the same either way

Plus I used 8's white gold's so I've used both and have been told 8's have more balls than 7.5 but how many more I don't know

28g 7.5's have around 400 balls and 8's have around 445 balls according to the Just Cartridges pellet calculator (iPhone app)

This might help:

shotsizes_sovereign.jpg

(Pellet counts for 28gm: 8s average 448, 7.5s average 394)

All the above is from the Hull site.

i use these in 7.5 only. great shell. at garlands last week they were on the board at £160 / thou think. paid 151 at brierley bout 6 weeks ago. they have been on special for the olympics ( the clues in the name ) see thread started by me " olympics "

yep thats all i use in 7.5s ain,t found anything they dont break, and O danny boy off this site used the same to come 3rd overall in the world prelim sporting 2 weeks ago

garlands got these on special £156 ( see clay shooter mag. the free one ). just in case anyone going to shoot steves next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bloody hell thats good :D Anybody doing garlands that is gonna be down south, maybe Urchfont or 4C's for the charity shoot the week after or in the next few weeks fancy picking me up a thousand 8's if they have them for the price of pig or burger?

Cross Gun Kinver, today's prices Olympics £158 a thousand Express Sporter £150 a thousand.

You will struggle to beat his prices. Good shoot as well every Sunday 60 or 100 birder.

I had been shooting eley firsts in fibre and have shot fibre only for about the last 5-7years but fancied giving these ago...... So i bought 500 of these last month and in plastic, and while I prefer the performance of these over the firsts I did notice alot of plastic streaking in the barrel infront of the chamber which was a pig to get out even with the bronze brush !

So am now considering moving back to fibre wad to avoid this plastic streaking. Shame this cartridge doesnt come in fibre !

Any recomendations on a fibre wad cartridge for clays thats better components and performance over the eley firsts ?

I will need them to cycle in my semi auto to so 28gram 7.5s or 8`s ! :D

I use Kent Velocity fibre wads 7.5's where I have to and they are very good at £163/1000.

The plastic wads are good value too at £159/1000.

They used to be a bit punchy but seemed to have softened a bit.

They cycle in autos OK.

Vic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back