Dubai Tournament

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just going for the sunshine! Fortunately don't need the money, you know how it is Cyril!! :)

Good luck to all the Brits, please stuff it up the Yanks or my life won't be worth living.

And remember if your taking a partner, that sand gets EVERYWHERE.

Still you have to take the rough with the smooth.

:fie:  Gee, Sorry Ed, I forgot that you post on here sometimes?    I just might just risk 50p  on you :crazy:   only because your a "leftie" like me. :haha:  

I think this will be a great competion, I hope everyone has a great time out there, good luck to you all, shoot well and enjoy the sunshine.

I think this will be a great competion, I hope everyone has a great time out there, good luck to you all, shoot well and enjoy the sunshine.
Hey mate, was told this morning you caught a late flight, are you at home or on the plane ?

If at home I expect your feeling ( like me ) pretty pissed of we didn't go, maybe next year eh ?

Well Carrie, Winser, Solomons, Lyons etc got through just fine.....but poor old Don Brunt's crew have been waiting 3 hours to clear guns......still there 5 minutes ago....!! Not a happy bunny.

Show them your MBE Rich..!

Hey mate, was told this morning you caught a late flight, are you at home or on the plane ?

If at home I expect your feeling ( like me ) pretty pissed of we didn't go, maybe next year eh ?
At home Ash, and yes gutted I'm no going. Will be nice to see some British lads and lasses do well!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yaaaaaaaahy Don's through...it took all that time for just 14 guns....!!

Time for Big Gin :wink:

I'm just back from leaving my lad to Heathrow en route to Dubai. 

I checked with BA 3 times re charges and they assured me that the cost was £50 to carry firearms each way.  I asked them specifically was this for extra baggage/handling in addition to the 23kg normal allowance and was assured that the £50 was all we'd have to pay for the extra gun case.  This was what the website seemed to indicate and the reason I phoned them was to confirm that there would be no additional costs.

You can guess what happened. 

Two families were in front of us in T5 checking in gun cases and seemed a little surprised that the charge was £115 per gun case.  £65 for excess baggage and £50 firearm handling charge.  Took about an hour to get them processed by G4 when it could have been done in 5 mins.  About to have a wee chat with BA customer relations.

Charges are charges, but when you check and recheck, ask specific questions and get catagoric reassurances, it's more than a little frustrating.  The other people had the same 'issue'.  Would have checked other airlines if I'd known it was going to be £115 x 2 to carry the gun.

Should have flown Emerates!  Look at it this way, It cost nothing to enter, nothing for cartridges, free transport to the ground you can't have it all. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Total pain in the neck having to hang around for so long over something that shouldn't have taken more than an hour...... optimistic that such problems will soon be forgotten once the action starts

http://www.shootclayforum.com/uploads/monthly_02_2014/post-359-139348269606.jpghttp://www.shootclayforum.com/uploads/monthly_02_2014/post-359-13934827257.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393482694.181027.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393482694.181027.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 0
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393482722.145856.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393482722.145856.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 0

I checked with BA 3 times re charges and they assured me that the cost was £50 to carry firearms each way.  I asked them specifically was this for extra baggage/handling in addition to the 23kg normal allowance and was assured that the £50 was all we'd have to pay for the extra gun case.  This was what the website seemed to indicate and the reason I phoned them was to confirm that there would be no additional costs.

Two families were in front of us in T5 checking in gun cases and seemed a little surprised that the charge was £115 per gun case.  £65 for excess baggage and £50 firearm handling charge.  Took about an hour to get them processed by G4 when it could have been done in 5 mins.  About to have a wee chat with BA customer relations.

Charges are charges, but when you check and recheck, ask specific questions and get catagoric reassurances, it's more than a little frustrating.  The other people had the same 'issue'.  Would have checked other airlines if I'd known it was going to be £115 x 2 to carry the gun.
thats what i was told also, will double check now!

ok i have just spoken to someone at BA and they confirmed that there is only the charge of £50.00 each way, their website also says that they waive the charge for bulky items?

Back