Do not read if your a jealous Beretta shooter

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers phil

To say I am chuffed would be an understatement. I mean a 28 yr old brand new quality Beretta. Wow And double wow.

Charlie my synical old mate.

It was bought by a bloke in 1987 for his "collection" (obviously a man of astounding taste) has been a sleeper ever since and never shot you can tell this as its mint and I mean mint, no marks on the wood no marks on the breach face or sides or barrels or anywere, chequering is super crisp.

For a Beretta man like me this is an absolutely astounding find, a holly grail moment.

Have a day :)

Charlie my synical old mate.

It was bought by a bloke in 1987 for his "collection" (obviously a man of astounding taste) has been a sleeper ever since and never shot you can tell this as its mint and I mean mint, no marks on the wood no marks on the breach face or sides or barrels or anywere, chequering is super crisp.

For a Beretta man like me this is an absolutely astounding find, a holly grail moment.

Have a day :)
I for one totally get this. In fact only a few months ago I missed (let slip) the chance of a rather nice 682 Sporter, you know the one with the Greystone Action? it was a left hander too!

Seriously, even thought it was a fair few quid, I really regret not buying it. These "proper" Berettas are getting rarer and I completetly get how lovely it is to own something to simply cherish.

Greystone action, so that's the original 682 Gold. I had two trap ones early 90s fabulous gun. paul120 has one, very nice too.

I still have the one off my 682 that we changed for a flat one the other week at Sealand.

You can have that one
Paul kindly called last night with said trigger blade.

Cheers Paul that feels much better.

There's a new old school Winchester on Guntrader for £1200  :nyam: , it does happen.

Wow. Diamond grade per chance ?

My Parker hale was Winchester action, very rugged very good gun.

So I suppose this means that you're all set to find fame and fortune with this mythical magic wand.  Your first step of course should be putting together that set of screw-ins in 1/16 increments.  You wouldn't want to deny the gun it's optimal performance, now would you?   :hunter:

Always happy to help, you know.   :hi:

Last edited by a moderator:
Winchester 101 Montecatini..the OT model. 50 shots.

post-54-0-34208400-1423654443.jpg
post-54-0-66526700-1423654431.jpg
post-54-0-56552500-1423654465.jpg

Attachments

• Winchester 031.JPG
    Winchester 031.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Winchester 032.JPG
    Winchester 032.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Winchester 034.JPG
    Winchester 034.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
If that belongs to you I am beginning to dislike you :)

Ian, I really love that 682X!!! I wish you a lot of luck with it mate! :thumbsu:

So I suppose this means that you're all set to find fame and fortune with this mythical magic wand. Your first step of course should be putting together that set of screw-ins in 1/16 increments. You wouldn't want to deny the gun it's optimal performance, now would you? :hunter:

Always happy to help, you know. :hi:
You will note that I am not rising to it :)

Cheers mate.
As for your choke bit in the other thread. Well just get used to the gun as PhilR says, then check out what chokes you have and see how the breaks go. You will know what sort of breaks you want after all these years, so when you find the right choke just stick to it and forget that it's a multi.  :biggrin:

Sounds a good plan. Bloody multis, what a hassle. Quite fancy 5/8 & 7/8 just for a change. Only have three with it so need to order from teague but will leave for now and do as you say.

Sounds a good plan. Bloody multis, what a hassle. Quite fancy 5/8 & 7/8 just for a change. Only have three with it so need to order from teague but will leave for now and do as you say.
I tried a few different combos of choke. 3/8 and 5/8 perfect for DTL, lots of bits but no smokers, but I don't shoot much of that. I like the breaks from first barrel 1/2 at ABT and OT, I use full in the top for second barrel, mainly in case I take it a bit late! I rarely get smokers or vapourized clays with 1/2 and full for ABT and OT. 

I'd try it without any chokes in first off to get a benchmark. Then introduce the chokes (if you still can :spiteful:  ) to work out whats best for you. :)

Glad to help

DT

Back